• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

"Other Than That We're Healthy"

her employees know how to get on Medicaid (these people's payroll is around 50K average). I am amazed how people get around the system here.

Some churches have classes on how to game the system. That is one reason why over half the babies born in GA are to mothers on Medicaid which then gives the baby free PeachCare for 12 months.

Heard on the radio this AM that 60% of children in public schools get free lunches.

We are creating a nation of looters where no one has to pay for anything.

"He works for a small private school. They offer Concentra Urgent Care Centers. The couple thought it was insurance until Christmas Party conversation cleared it up."

Well, now you know their fallback position. Do they have to pay for this coverage or is it provided? If the urgent care is provided, I would look at a high deductible plan to handle the what if as well as what ever you can find.

My state is a guaranteed issue state. They fill out a health questionaire and if they score below a certain level, anyone has to take em. Above, they go to the high risk pool.

Good luck.

Some churches have classes on how to game the system. That is one reason why over half the babies born in GA are to mothers on Medicaid which then gives the baby free PeachCare for 12 months.

Heard on the radio this AM that 60% of children in public schools get free lunches.

Somebody's paying, you and me I bet!:mad:

That's an average call for me over the last six months. Surprised the lady didn't state they want coverage for the entire family under $400/mth also. Icing on the cake.

Sick, broke, and stupid have my number on speed dial.
:1mad:

I heard Walmart is hiring 3rd shift stockers, where do I apply?

I got an email from a lady over the holiday, saying she urgently needed health insurance. Her divorce will be final the first week of January. She doesn't want COBRA from her husband's employer, but wants "her own plan".

Rather than chide her for waiting so long, I tried to help her. But she was one of those with a "touch of diabetes". Just oral medications, not injectible insulin makes it a "touch of diabetes", I guess. And she had a touch of smoking, a touch of high blood pressure, a touch of high cholesterol, and a touch of too many donuts at 5'0" and 240 lbs. I had a touch of impatience and told her to take COBRA.

:D:D:twitchy::no:

My wife was working with this woman at her last job. They lived in subsidized housing, the state paid for their car plus food stamps etc...My wife got pregnant and I'm kinda flipping out about what the costs will be her our of work for some time etc...At the same time this woman gets pregnant...I got the full medical bill of what was not covered under our insurance (You know something with a premium I paid for) and paid the medical bill off at the same time she gave birth we went to visit them and she was like I'm so glad they paid for all this( this alone was enough to piss me off) but 6 months down the road they are 12 months behind on their portion of the subsidized housing (Thats a whole nother story) she is not working any longer he works a couple of days a week and they a planning on trying to have another kid, when the wife mentioned it I blew my stack how the bleeping heck do they plan to pay for this mouth when they can't afford what they have now.....

My state refusing to put either a residency requirement nor a time limit on benefits, the more kids you have the better the benefits if you call DHHS they will coach you over the phone on the answers to give to get benefits..."Oh your fiance lives with you....You know if you had a big fight and he moved out for a day you could call back then and we wouldn't have to count his assets and then you could make up and he could move back in etc

Between those who work for the State, Counties, Municipalities, School districts and the quasi non-profits ie those recieving all their funding from the state then you add in all the beneficiaries of these state programs I believe my state is past the tipping point...

A couple of years ago there was a funding item for Non-profits and the Legislature held the hearing in the early afternoon the non-profits bussed up all the sob story people and a legislature mentioned that everyone in the state wants this funding to go through as there is no testimony of anyone against it...yeah because we where all at work trying to make some money before you bastards sucked up the rest of our income.

A Story broke about a healthclinic in Portlands MS was providing Birth Control and would not inform the parents..Interesting issue is the ages of the kids in this school made for any sexual activity to be statutory rape And they wonder why parents where angry.

Last edited:
Back