• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Out of state exam question

Jocko

Hi, this is my first post here, and so before I ask questions ill give some background on myself im 22, Looking into moving to Florida from Missouri in the next five months. My question is, can I take the pre-licensing course for Florida (200hrs) then take the national exam online as a current mo resident? Would I have to be a citizen to get said license? I don't have a license at all at the moment, so I'm assuming that makes things less complicated, but as with most of this stuff, I only know enough to be confused Lol, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks.

Long Story Short: Assuming you are certain of moving to Florida, I would just study for their exam and make FL your resident license state.

You could make MO your resident license state and then get licensed in FL as a non resident, but then when you got there you would have to file for a change, I believe - you would have to ask the FL dept of insurance.

But 200 hours of class, plus an exam - thats not easy. And its not going to happen overnight.

Long Story Short: Assuming you are certain of moving to Florida, I would just study for their exam and make FL your resident license state.

You could make MO your resident license state and then get licensed in FL as a non resident, but then when you got there you would have to file for a change, I believe - you would have to ask the FL dept of insurance.

But 200 hours of class, plus an exam - thats not easy. And its not going to happen overnight.
Two hundred hours is pretty insane. At least to me. I will probably end up getting my P&C after I'm a resident of Florida. It is a pain but it's really the only way I see.

Back