Override Chargebacks

Interesting that the liability never goes away...even when the reps are paid carrier direct. I'm now getting hit 4 years later...screw that.

And yes, if I decided to ever hire again I'd be pulling credit. If an agent hit me back with "but XYZ agency will advance me without pulling my credit" I'd just say "sounds like a deal you should take."

Interesting that the liability never goes away...even when the reps are paid carrier direct. I'm now getting hit 4 years later...screw that.

And yes, if I decided to ever hire again I'd be pulling credit. If an agent hit me back with "but XYZ agency will advance me without pulling my credit" I'd just say "sounds like a deal you should take."

Couldn't have said it any better.

I had a lunch meeting today with a carrier and made very good progress on getting away from the method of appointing agents just because they can fog a mirror. Heading out the Milwaukee tomorrow to talk more about a program that's being developed. More to come.

Health Agent,

Care to name the carriers that are hard on credit issues to save some of us time in not applying for appointment. Mainly health and med sup products.

Sorry but there's too much liability for me to start signaling out carriers to avoid for credit issues. The good news is it doesn't cost a dime to submit the paperwork.

when you submit the paperwork , just explain what credit problems you have, and that you are corrected the problem. you should be ok...

I have not had any agents have problems with appointments for United, Assurant, Humana, ING or Fidelity. The only problem that will arise is if you have outstanding liens or judgements against you. You will need to resolve those issues but other than that no problems.

Also with chargebacks, I feel your pain John. I've paid over $10,000 in agent chargebacks in the past 18 months.

Back