P & C best practice test/materials

When you take your exam, answer the questions you are sure of, go back and answer others with your first, best guess. Do not overthink any question. And do not go back and change any answer

Study in small chunks, make sure to do little each day. It was a little harder than expected, I'm in Ohio. And last don't wait too long after your class to take it. Take it as soon as you can.

I've recently started drinking in the morning. That seems to be helping.

I was actually diagnosed with hepatic steatosis last week :swoon: Is this the end of my insurance career?

Any tips for the first insurance job? I’ll be working at an independent agency.

Are you a CSR/Account manager or a producer?

Either way, my main piece of advice would be to not give up. It will be challenging, and there will always be something you don't know. Stay humble and don't be afraid to admit you don't know something, either to fellow agents or customers. You can always hit them with the old trusty "I don't know, but I will find out"

My second piece of advice would be to internally evaluate those around you. Are these people who are backing you up, mentoring you, making time for your development, and sharing in the success? Or are these people who are using you as a cog in their machine purely to squeeze you dry and drive additional profit for themselves? In the P&C insurance world, those relationships will be pivotal to your long term satisfaction and success.

Last edited:
I passed with a pretty decent score. I appreciate all the input. I am getting settled in my new job, and learning the nuts and bolts of the day to day, even got my first commission check.

Back