Pay Per Click Advertising Results

Last thing i want is a client knowing where I live, if there is a claim problem or they deny a claim, I dont want some pissed off person coming to my house or doing something to my house of family,

RBA, although I agree, I had no say so in the matter. Location was already established 22 years before I took over.

one thing I'd like to hear about are agents who often "tweak" their pay-per-click bids, as far as adjusting bids up and down during the day/week/month. when are the best times to lower/raise your bids. Love to hear some ideas because most of the adwords how to's only scratch the surface on these strategies.

"I usually only spend about $25 per week, which gets me about 10-15 clicks, which leads to 4-5 quotes, and I avg about 1 sale per week from adwords (2 if I'm lucky)."

If anyone believes this, they are smoking a crack pipe.

"I usually only spend about $25 per week, which gets me about 10-15 clicks, which leads to 4-5 quotes, and I avg about 1 sale per week from adwords (2 if I'm lucky)."

If anyone believes this, they are smoking a crack pipe.
I have to agree. That would be entirely too easy and everyone would be doing it. Unless Adwords is a secret and everyone else is getting internet leads and sending direct mail because their ignorant and like to waste money.

The thing with adwords is something that works at a very low volume might be successful. When you try to scale it up, it fails miserably. Getting one sale from 15 clicks sounds reasonable to me (its been a while since I've done adwords though), if its targeted well at a small niche market.

Now, you may not get 10 sales out of 150 clicks in the same week, so for many, this won't work since it doesn't get the volume many need, but at the volume he's talking about, he can fly under the radar of larger companies that can drive him out of adwords.

I've never really known anyone to be truly profitable with adwords though in insurance (beyond a short period of time), but figured if you went after a small niche with a highly targeted campaign, you could probably do it.

Dan

well here is a secret even though no-one has participated in this thread for a while. I used to work for one of the larger SEO firms in the US and they taught me a thing or two. The key to success in Pay-per-click and SEO is by targeting locally and regionally, so if you know one of your carriers in a certain zip code kills the competition go after it.. Its called Geo Targeting. Also with the keyword tool on google go after variations and phrases rather than one key word for example Chubb Insurance has low competition and super high search volume locally over 20k for me. You are never going to get into the organic search results but there is literally no adds on that search... Another new thing is Google Maps optimization which word on the street yeilds a higher ROI than SEO and PPC... they say 80% of local consumers search with a Geo classifier such as the city name followed by the desired product in this case Insurance during the buying phase... so if you can optimize you maps page to show up on those 8 that pop up for local searches you will see a recognizable boost in business... This is what I have been going after for some time now but Im a cheapskate and refuse to pay someone if I can figure it out myself.

Last edited:
Well, I finally started my first Pay Per Click advertising campaign. I went through MSN due to a free $100 credit. I have had 19 clicks so far, but NO quote requests and NO calls. Is this typical or am I just really bad at this?
Also, anyone have any advise on how to convert clicks to quotes? I am already sending the clicker to a landing page with a quote request form for the type of insurance he is seeking. Is there anything else I can do?

Last edited:
going to depend on the keywords you are bidding on, and the effectiveness of your landing page.

Plus you need to spend more than a $100 free credit on ppc to gauge a campaign. You could of gotten a conversion on click 20 and 21, but because you stopped at 19 you got nothing.

When I worked in an inbound call center, one night, I went 20 calls without a sale, then on the 21st call got 3. So you need to let the numbers play out.

Back