• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

PDP SEP

Where is the actual disaster declaration underlying the Anthem doc?
It is not in the FEMA list posted earlier in the thread (and the storm disasters mentioned in the document only cover 4 Indiana counties).

Is there an Indiana state disaster declaration list somewhere?

I have no idea why that email went out. It didn’t make any sense to have a disaster for the equivalent to a cloudy day. We watched the eclipse from our back deck in the total 100% zone and we can still see fine. Nonetheless it did go out.

I have no idea why that email went out. It didn’t make any sense to have a disaster for the equivalent to a cloudy day. We watched the eclipse from our back deck in the total 100% zone and we can still see fine. Nonetheless it did go out.
I didn't have, don't have, time to pursue this further right now.

Traffic in the path of totality.

I found reference to the governor declaring a statewide emergency because of anticipated traffic problems.

It wasn't in the FEMA list, but it was a disaster declared by a state governor, So an insurance carrier can use that as the basis of a sep for Part C and Part D policy issuance.

All apparently legal, but..... Crazy! :D:confused::D

Where is the actual disaster declaration underlying the Anthem doc?
It is not in the FEMA list posted earlier in the thread (and the storm disasters mentioned in the document only cover 4 Indiana counties).

Is there an Indiana state disaster declaration list somewhere?
Carriers decide which ones to honor. Our fat boy governor declared a monkey pox public health emergency in 2022. Aetna had a SEP for it, Humans didn't.

Thanks “LostDollar. I really didn’t expect anyone to use their time on this but I do respect your ability to research.

I think we’ll just leave this behind, but I also think I may have found someone that I’ll be listening to in the future.

Really starting to get this Forum thing.

Yeah think I’m gonna like it.

Just a follow up on the eclipse SEP.
IT WORKED. got confirmation today that the customer’s application was approved. He’s got a PDP again. Good thing too Eliquis was going to cost him a small fortune for the rest of the year.

Carriers decide which ones to honor. Our fat boy governor declared a monkey pox public health emergency in 2022. Aetna had a SEP for it, Humans didn't.
So there is really a two step process?

A government -- at least at Federal or State level -- declares a disaster and then an MA carrier decides if they want to allow an MA enrollment SEP for that particular disaster?

Back