PhoneBroadcasting Systems Outlawed Sept. 09?

These boards and advice can be greatly beneficial but watch where your info coming from.

You can post "has anyone used XYZ leads" and get a "yes, they they are horrible, avoid them" reply.

But what does that mean? It's not quantified.

Can you quantify this for me please? :D:D:D

Actually, I agree. People are quick to point out the negatives of something. On the boards though, you have to be as careful about something that seems to be quantified.

XYZ leads are great, I bought 10, contacted 6, sold 3 with another 2 probably going to happen....

Is pretty meaningless. 10 leads isn't a realistic sample. No $$$ are mentioned, could lose money at even a 50% closing ratio, and did it really happen?

Problem is, few people post long term results and even fewer are quantified the same way. For instance:

XYZ leads are great, I spent $100 and made $700 in commission, with more probably going to happen....

isn't exactly the full story. Spent $100 on what? Only on lead cost? Or did this include the cost to pay a producer (or your time) to work the lead? Very few people on this board factor in any form of labor cost into their ROI's, which amazes me. This is why someone like TX ROI's always are lower than most, he hires it done. He also knows his numbers.

The more quanitified the better.

To quantify:
I made over 50,000 'press 1' calls. All were scrubbed against the do not call list. Selling health insurance. The numbers called were basically the phone book in my area minus the do not call numbers. The area was the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area.

I did not track the number of people who 'pressed 1' for things like 'Don't ever call me again', but out of 50,000+ calls, I had about 10 conversations with people, made one appointment, sold nothing.

I could do it again, but won't. I did do this years ago, I do assume I could do it better today, I've learned alot (including to lead with P&C rather than health). I still don't see a path to profitability.

The other non-quantified thing is I felt like a slimey sales guy, always wanting to go take a shower for using this sales method. That might have been part of my problem, I didn't like the method, but was told I could do wonders with it.

Dan

I haven't found a source that doesn't work for some people. Press 1 transfers do work, direct mail does work, internet leads work, telemarketing works, marrying into money works best.

Rick

So does stopping people on the street and saying, "Hi, my name if Frank. You don't want to buy any insurance from me do you?"

One time I sold Med Supp insurance standing in the front of an OATS bus like a tour guide would. At the end of the ride I had made four sales. Not something I would want to build a career on.

Although anything one does will eventually result in a sale or two that doesn't mean that everything is worth spending time and money doing.

However, Rick is right, marrying money or being born into it is so much more preferable.

The other non-quantified thing is I felt like a slimey sales guy, always wanting to go take a shower for using this sales method. That might have been part of my problem, I didn't like the method, but was told I could do wonders with it.

Uh, part of the problem... How about 110% of the problem.

The old adage, "if you think you can.... or you think you can't.... you are right either way"

You thought you couldn't or wouldn't... and consequently you didn't.

Your earlier post... ppl told you this wouldn't work, and you made it work, etc... you have told ppl here that broadcast mkting doesn't work, and that is WRONG, straight up. It just didn't work for you Dan, and you identified exactly why that was... You should be careful and not polute the fertile minds of those that dont know any better by saying that something WILL NOT WORK.

So does stopping people on the street and saying, "Hi, my name if Frank. You don't want to buy any insurance from me do you?"

One time I sold Med Supp insurance standing in the front of an OATS bus like a tour guide would. At the end of the ride I had made four sales. Not something I would want to build a career on.

Although anything one does will eventually result in a sale or two that doesn't mean that everything is worth spending time and money doing.

However, Rick is right, marrying money or being born into it is so much more preferable.

Frank, it's not your delivery, it's your breath.:D

Rick

My biggest problem with the dial 1 solution has always been that the legal waters were muddy at best... my professional opinion only, but if it works for you and you are willing to drift into those muddy waters... knock yourself out.

Many variables come into play as well such as, call the courthouse by accident, or a business gets all their lines bottled up by your campaign, bad news for you.

But even with this, the people using dial 1 successfully figure the odds of someone actually complaining to the FTC is remote. Odds are getting better now though since you can complain using online forms now on the gov website...

Also want to point out that many providers of dial 1 broadcasts, including my company, can broadcast 100,000 calls per hour versus the 2 line 100 calls per hour.

DJS is right, at least according to my clients who are using dial 1 effectively, most of whom are non insurance related compaines and services.

But of course, this does not mean you will not be successful... I always have believed that a good salesperson will never go hungary no matter what the economic climate or what position they find themselves in. Given the opportunity, the cream always rises to the top.

Good selling in whatever method you find to be working for you... I wish you all the best.

I can put this debate to rest real easy.

Ask ANY dialing provider to accept full liability for any laws broken and pay any penalties as a result of THEIR dialing.

See how many companies you can find.

I will give you a clue - ZERO.

You are also liable if their list is not DNC complaint. A lot of vendors will claim they are registered and comply with the DNC rules but they don't - they simply buy a list - typically one of those "entire country for $69.95" lists that isn't remotely complaint.

Some will claim they scrub the list - if they don't you're still the one on the hook.

Most lists are scams. I've used list before where the vendor claimed they are updated quarterly - yet I call places, as for the business and get "they've been out of business for 5 years" or "he died three years ago."

Back