Policy Renewals

allen...I think I read somewhere that YES, partial year... just like Medicare part d and b penetaly..... again, I may be wrong but feel right enough to post

Thanks TaterPeeler for replying. That's what I thought. Clients who keep their current health insurance plans in-force until their plan 2014 renewal will probably pay an IRS penalty-tax. The partial year penalty-tax will be minuscule, but present never the less.

A related concern is the exchange enrollment periods. A growing number of agents are being pushed to sell limited-benefit plans in the belief that if a client gets sick, the client can cancel the limited benefit plan and enroll in a Major Medical (QHP) on the exchange at any time. This is a troubling development, because I don't think a person can move from a limited-benefit to a QHP any time they want to.
-Allen

In that post I mentioned on Thursday that I said we would discuss related to this... One of the sep's was something very vague and I was wondering if we the agent could find loopholes to generate an sep

In that post I mentioned on Thursday that I said we would discuss related to this... One of the sep's was something very vague and I was wondering if we the agent could find loopholes to generate an sep

It's ironic timing that the day after you posted your thoughts/questions regarding that Exchange Training powerpoint, some insurance big-wigs said on the conference call the next morning that people will be able to enroll in an Exchange QHP at any time, if they have a limited-benefit major med in-force.

Personally, I'm not going to go out on a limb like this unless the ACTUAL HHS RULE clearly says that a person who has a limited-benefit plan can enroll in a Exchange QHP at any time.

I'll try to find the actual rule. The powerpoint training slides were helpful, but they won't cover my arse if a client sues me.
-AC

Game on. I tell you this. If the Obamacare HHS people tell us that we can enroll people into the exhanges anytime if only they have a mini med in place, I tell you I'm going to blow the doors off selling Assurant health Access. Ill sell it all day and all night long. Cuz truth is nobody is gonna wana buy an overpriced Obamacare plan unless they have to anyway.

Hhs is allowing plans to upgrade at renewal. No partial year penalty.

If LB plan, have to wait to jan 1st, if sick

That's not what came out of the insurance execs meeting, but these guys all manage companies that sell LB plans. I suppose they don't have much to lose if we (the agents) get sued for giving bad advice.

Thanks Yagents. It's good to see that the people running Assurant are being upfront and honest. They are not trying to pump up sales volume by misleading agents/brokers.

I'm still trying to find the rule that lists the special enrollment periods. Lots of blogs and newsletters, but the actual rule is the only thing that will put the brakes on FMOs who are preparing to launch their agents into streets selling Indemnity plans this week.

YAgents what do you mean by this : I had lunch with 2 assurant execs last week stating jan 1 with health access and ST MM

Back