Portable Hard drive

Yep. They also have one that is upgraded from that called the "Pro". Probably overkill, but you could compare the two and see the differences. I think the main difference is the level of extreme conditions it can withstand.

Be sure to get the new model and not the old model, new one has faster transfer speeds. (the amazon listing lets you choose between new and old model)

Yep. They also have one that is upgraded from that called the "Pro". Probably overkill, but you could compare the two and see the differences. I think the main difference is the level of extreme conditions it can withstand.

Be sure to get the new model and not the old model, new one has faster transfer speeds. (the amazon listing lets you choose between new and old model)

Cool, that looks like what I am looking for. Portable and can handle old man extremes like maybe dropping in the toilet.

Yes. That is what I meant by tethering. I am a frail old man and am confused. . So for my laptop / tablet Surface Hotspot works fine.
But a connected tablet seems more useful for my day to day wonderings. It does not take much for me to decide to take a side trip to the beach.

I don't want to learn ipad. I have Samsung Note 10 Plus

I have an iPad my wife & daughter gave me for Christmas a few years ago. I don't really like it but much better than the Samsung tablet I had earlier. Perhaps the newer Samsung are improved.

I installed Chrome and Google apps (Gmail, Drive, etc) on the iPad and never missed a beat. People send me Facetime (or whatever it is) messages but by the time I find the app they have hung up.

Chrome is a browser and an OS. I use the browser on my Windows laptop and the iPad. Chromebook uses the Chrome OS and browser. If not for banking, some of the carriers and state govt tax forms I would not have a Windows computer.

I have an iPad my wife & daughter gave me for Christmas a few years ago. I don't really like it but much better than the Samsung tablet I had earlier. Perhaps the newer Samsung are improved.

I installed Chrome and Google apps (Gmail, Drive, etc) on the iPad and never missed a beat. People send me Facetime (or whatever it is) messages but by the time I find the app they have hung up.

Chrome is a browser and an OS. I use the browser on my Windows laptop and the iPad. Chromebook uses the Chrome OS and browser. If not for banking, some of the carriers and state govt tax forms I would not have a Windows computer.

Yeah ditto on Chrome.

IPhone and Ipad- I don't know man, not sure I can pull off the skinny jeans and man bun.

The hard drive is an integral part of my life. I work as a security guard for a private company and have night shifts. The main problem of my job is not to fall asleep. There is no internet there and I can’t use my cell phone for a long time. That is why I often record movies and serials. Moreover, I have recently started to learn foreign languages with the help of video lessons. There were some problems with the hard drive last month. All my data was deleted. Therefore, I requested assistance from hard drive recovery near me. Btw, shifts without entertainment were hell.

Last edited:
Space? - not sure. I have 4 4 drawer file cabinets full of files. Thumb drive would be easier. Going to put everything in a file on the desktop first so I guess I will know then.

Google Drive - that was my plan also just want the warm and functional having something in hand.

Thanks

I am tech handicapped, but I sure do pay a fortune for it, LOL. So, if we are not talking about back ups and imaging -- my IT people set me up with a WD portable HD (4 or 5TB I think), as well as a cloud. I have two HD's -- one is the size of a credit card and the other is the size of a thick smartphone, but a bit more square. I also have a series of thumb drives I use, mainly to transfer and carry data with me. Good luck with the transition! All the best!

Last edited:
I am tech handicapped, but I sure do pay a fortune for it, LOL. So, if we are not talking about back ups and imaging -- my IT people set me up with a WD portable HD (4 or 5TB I think), as well as a cloud. I have two HD's -- one is the size of a credit card and the other is the size of a thick smartphone, but a bit more square. I also have a series of thumb drives I use, mainly to transfer and carry data with me. Good luck with the transition! All the best!
You think you're tech handicapped? I don't have a clue what you're talking about. :wacko::laugh:

Back