Pre-existing conditions and individual health

For individual health insurance in many states, if the pre-existing condition is specifically disclosed on the individual health application, and the carrier does not specifically rider or exclude the condition, then they will cover it without a waiting period.
Some carriers such as Aetna oftentimes will charge an extra premium if they accept you for coverage, but will not rider or exclude conditions.
-----------
http://www.pre-existing-conditions-health.com
Denied Health Insurance| Declined Health Insurance| Guaranteed Issue Health Insurance| Pre-Existing Conditions Health Insurance

Incorrect. Aetna has a 1 yr waiting period for pre-ex, even if disclosed on the app. Only if you have continuous coverage for the past year is the pre-ex waived, and a CCC must be filed with them. I think Cigna is the same, and I know BCBSAZ has that stipulation now. You are correct when it comes to Goldenrule, Assurant & Humana.

Hello, I have a question before I sign up for health insurance.

I have been having some minor inflammation in my knees from heavy bicycle training. Do I need to disclose that as a pre-exisiting condition - I have never been diagnosed or treated with any knee problems?

btw - I am 29 - and have no other health problems (that i know of)

I have been having some minor inflammation in my knees from heavy bicycle training. Do I need to disclose that as a pre-exisiting condition - I have never been diagnosed or treated with any knee problems?

Your agent should be able to answer that question, but in case you have a doofus for an agent, the answer is yes, you do need to disclose it.

Back