Private Investigation in Auto Case.

carefuldriver

Having a strange experience with my insurer after a tiny incident (other party is claiming whiplash) fraudulently - however it seems the insurer is using some heavy handed techniques (private investigator) on me (despite me not claiming because there was no damage). So I'm looking for some good advice on this matter.

What information should I provide, I'm concerned that the insurer is sniffing around for information and any reason not to pay out. I'm in England if that helps.

Not much details in your post.

Were you driving the car at the time of the accident? Were there other passengers in your car listed on the police report with the same address as you. They could be looking for other drivers in your home not listed on your policy. They could be checking to see if you are affiliated some how with the "injured party" in the other car and are part of a bogus claim.

I'll fill in some details. I was pretty much stationery and I rolled into the car in front. There was no damage to my or his vehicle that I could see. Unfortunately my phone was out of battery so I could not take picture. The other party is claiming whiplash which is medical impossibility and if of course fraud on his part. Even though there was no damage the insurance co - says they have already paid out. So that means I will have technically lost my no claims discount anyhow.

I am concerned that I have PI looking around and sniffing around my life. Do I legally have to comply with them and give a recorded statement? After all these guys aren't the law and already this PI has spoken to other members of my family and I consider it harassment. I'm thinking there is no benefit at all for me to assist in anyway more then I have after this treatment by the insurer.

Back