Problems Getting Appointed with Carriers

companies maybe tightening up on credit if you are new. If you have alot of years in the business then do not worry. If I was responding to a questionaire of the appointing company. , then write a letter of explanation on slow credit and attach to app. and call the FMO involved and plead your case. If you still have problems contact the insurance dept. in your state and get there advice. Most of the time they will take time to help you. Don't give up and once you start putting on new business and have a solid track record then just keep everything wired tight.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One thing about FLA. that you may not know companies are looking at agents in that state that wrote Long Term Care and MA contracts. Many of these carriers have left the state for various reasons so there are many complaints being filed against these companies and some against agents' So this may have an affect on some carriers. It should not preclude you from getting licensed even with slow cred. About 40% of Americans have slow credit for various rsasons and I bet some of the people you talk with are in same situation. Just keep on trying and you will be fine

Last edited:
We have been warned that carriers are trying to reduce their sales force and are being extra tough.

many are dropping people who don't write where normally they kept people.

MOO being one of them.

Some of the smaller companies are easier to work with!

What are some of the smaller companies you suggest may be easier to work with?

Again find a marketer that is willing to sign you, I get calls all the time. I do not know who in your state you are famiilar with but there are several Independent organizations. Get some help from people in your area who are writing the same kind of bus. you want to get into, They can place a call of introduction or you can call yourself.

I am in texas and was not appointed with Americo because I have two judgements. Any advice on what to say to plea case.

I was able this week to get approved with United Health Care as-earned and sent a letter of exlplanation to Gerber which I plan to follow up with today and hopefully sell myself to them. I would also like to recieve more information on your Med Suppl. training.

So, did you get appointed with Gerber? Don't leave us hanging.:err:

Back