Progressive stealing your customers

Scott Ashton

Expert
Please don't feed the beast. If you have another company close in price you better go with them. Lost too many longtime customers to Progressive Direct. Seems the agent is no longer an asset to Progressive. 23 years with them & I've had it with their backdoor b.s. Instead of listening how to save $ from the experienced agents, they cut their commissions and feed useless management like David Hand (job) in Ft. Wayne, Indiana who makes money off our backs. Sitting in his ivory tower while I work at this 7 days on a mobile phone. F.U.

Oh, and as I was told by management, snapshot will never go up for your customer; just helps them save $. Pure b.s. Lost a few clients on my good word.

Have you ever quoted a client & they told you, that's funny....Progressive gave me a quote for less money? You now have 2 options. Tell the customer they can buy it cheaper direct (shoot yourself) or say nothing, which leaves the customer thinking you're screwing him on the price.

Also, here in Florida, we agents have to sell bodily injury to the client. Client can call Progressive Direct & buy insurance without it.

Tip: don't prefill the Progressive ap with customer's real email or phone number on a quote. They are after them! I understand & accept competition; but they compete with the very agents who are bringing the business too them.

Lost a 5 year customer to AAA who sells Progressive. I was told by AAA they have a deal worked out with Progressive allowing them to sell insurance cheaper than the agencies.?!

Can't even sell my book because who wants their b.s. Collectively, we must do our best to move the customers to insurance companies who work with us...not against us.

I was super ticked when I found out rates went up after the snap shot came back. They are not clear on that at all. It's not always about price though.

Latest posts

Back