Prorated Refund?

jemelton

Guru
100+ Post Club
If someone paid their MedSupp annually May 1, would they get a prorated refund if they cancelled August 1? I would think the company would have to but have never ran into this situation before...

I had a case where a client was signed up for a AdVan plan but kept paying for her Med Sup by the time I discovered the issue, she was refunded over $3500...

Strange but true.

Usually med supp companies will refund if they have proof of coverage elsewhere and no claims have been filed during the period they want to refund for.

There new supp will take effect 8/1/18 and they will cancel their current one on that date put are currently paid up until 4/30/19.

There new supp will take effect 8/1/18 and they will cancel their current one on that date put are currently paid up until 4/30/19.
Call the company and ask if they'll give a prorated refund. Back in the 70's and 80's, a lot of them wouldn't. Most people pay by bank draft now. I've only had the need to check with one this decade and that was Gerber. They do prorated refunds.

Latest posts

Back