Question About Rebating

KidsGotHeart

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm confused on how rebating works. You can take a client out for king crab but you can't give them a ten dollar gift card to hear your presentation?

Re: Question About Rebatingq

(Many states)
Giving $10 to hear a presentation isn't rebating.
Giving $10 after a policy is bought is rebating.

Just food for thought...

If I have to bribe you to listen to me, just how interested are you?

Buying prospects a meal is a waste of money. Save it for clients. Same with other bribes, save it for someone who has already show they value you, your expertise and your time.

Generally, as long as you give it to anyone regardless of whether they buy or not, it isn't rebating. As always, check with your DOI and CMS may have other regulations for their regulated products.

Alabama... . ..;:;(;:.?.:,

Here is what Alabama says:

No person shall knowingly make any agreements other than as plainly expressed in the contract issued. Producers cannot offer to pay any rebate of premiums or promise or give anything of value whatsoever not specified in the contract.

You can legally rebate in CA and FL. The key is to be non-discriminatory.

I offer a rebate of 50% of the 1st year commissions on ALL life insurance policies that are paid in Annual premium mode. Most pay monthly and get no rebate.

You can legally rebate in CA and FL. The key is to be non-discriminatory.

I offer a rebate of 50% of the 1st year commissions on ALL life insurance policies that are paid in Annual premium mode. Most pay monthly and get no rebate.

So what happens if they pay annual, get that rebate from you then cancel right after?

Latest posts

Back