Question for agents who have a website

I currently have 3 websites. 1 is an information site and lead generation and the other 2 are lead generation only. The information site gets hit less often but users stay on for an average of 3 to 5 minutes (based on tracking built in to site). The lead sites generate quite a few leads for my agency and our conversion ratio is around 43%. The sites costs me $100 year each for hosting and $200 per month for the lead sites and $25 per month for the information one.

It is all about placement and spending your money efficently. I could spend a million dollars on marketing the web but if you do not have the right key words, it is worth nothing.

Everyone and their mother is going after auto and home. Try developing a website geared towards a niche market and cross sell those leads.

Re: Question for those who have a website

My site finally went live 2 weeks ago and I have had 2 leads so far. Not quite what I was expecting, but it takes some time for the site to start showing up on Google.

I built mine for some credibility and to provide information, but mostly to collect leads. I think that you have to have a website these days or people don't consider you.

A little off topic, but I was looking into scuba diving yesterday and found a site with a list of companies in Utah that offer scuba diving training. I visited the the ones that have websites and called the one with the best looking site. I don't want to put my life into the hands of someone that goes cheap on anything. I think insurance is similar, you have to earn their trust.

You should spend time studying other insurance websites that rank highly on Google. Your site needs some work on meta tags and keywords on your home page. Just an fyi.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you think that organic results are better than PPC?

The answer is YES, absolutely.

Last edited:
Wordpress sites end up ranking well and look like "static sites". My next niche site will be a wordpress blog [site] ...

There are several tools one needs to use to research keywords, and then optimizing your sites for them. I have a friend - nice lady in AZ who is an online marketing maven educating me on the ways of GOOGLE. She laughs heartily at all us ins guys trying to do sites.

Organic traffic if you can get it great long term, PPC allows you to sort out keywords then optimize fully if you get he desired results.

The key thing you need on yours sites and in your arsenal is ...

Drum Roll Please ...

Opt In Form and email list autoresponder software/service.

Build a list and get your current clients on the list asap.

If you really needed to / wanted to get a message out to all your clients via email - could you? How long would it take? What if they all had to optin before you could mail them?

Great Blog to scope out is a copywriters site I subscribe to. He does listbuilding and lead capture and prospect warming like nobodies bizness ... www michelfortin DOT com

World famous internet marketer and copy writer.

Lots o stuff to learn at his site for free if you are serious about marketing via sites and blogs.

HTH,

Steve

Back