• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Question for Everyone Who Cold Calls!

100kinssales

Expert
My question is:

Why do you cold call versus buying leads?

Simple question...but wondering if you may not know leads exists or if you have had trouble finding good leads, or had bad experiences, etc.

I do both. I get leads in every week or so, most come in around the middle of the month and throughout the month I cold call. I also just started doing a monthly Personal (Congrats on turning 65) letter and that definitely helps too... you have to have more than way of getting clients, IMO

I have tried every kind of lead that has ever been available. In my opinion they are poor quality and way too expensive for what one gets.

My ROI is damn near 100%. This means that I don't have to work as hard or sell as many policies to make more money than the guy who is working a lot harder and having to sell a lot more insurance than me.

The easiest, simplest, most cost effective way for me to get new clients is to give them a call. Not only can I do it better than a telemarketer, I can do things they can't.

The largest market you have is the one you create for yourself.

There aren't a lot of people who know that they are underinsured, nor know who to call about the kind of work we all do.

A persuasive, empathetic agent of change can help someone who didn't know that they needed help... to help see their problems and offer an appropriate solution.

The most important job an agent has... is to communicate! A lot of people say prospecting is #1. However, if you prospect with a poor message... all you'll get is burn out.

If you learn how to communicate your message succinctly, you can prospect less and get better results (in theory) and help more people.

Those who ask for information are trying to do my job for themselves. They are trying to be the financial planner and think that they need $x amount of term insurance. The lowest cost provider "wins" for this person.

That person isn't my prospect. Therefore online lead generators aren't appropriate for the work I do.

It's harder work... but it's more satisfying and rewarding.

In my opinion, a purchased lead is almost a cold-call. Very few people who submit a lead remember they even did it, most were tricked into giving their information, and cold-calling is free and won't help you go broke as you run up your credit card.

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for all the feedback. I use leads 90% of the time and most of my success comes from them.

I was VERY intrigued by your answers and may even give cold calling a little more time on my weekly schedule.

Certain lead companies do seem to generate leads by enticing people with "free ipads" etc...

Just remember there are some great lead companies out there that provide extremely good prospects.

Thanks again for all the replies and anyone else who wants to give some more feedback, please feel free!

Back