• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Recent Email from Health Sherpa

I just got this email from EBroker WBE. Did other WBE's get this memo from CMS, and will they have this capability too??
------------------

Direct Enrollment Is Expanding

Soon, eBroker Software will be able to connect to the HealthCare.gov Marketplace outside of the Open Enrollment Period!

CMS recently announced this exciting enhancement to Direct Enrollment, which will allow us to support initial enrollments that qualify for a Special Enrollment Period as early as this summer.

If a WBE-to-Healthcare.gov connection isn't currently possible, how was HealthSherpa doing it?

"as early as this Summer" means that's the soonest this capability might become available. Like maybe 45 days before the next Open Enrollment commences...or years from this Summer.

I just got this email from EBroker WBE. Did other WBE's get this memo from CMS, and will they have this capability too??

CMS recently announced this exciting enhancement to Direct Enrollment, which will allow us to support initial enrollments that qualify for a Special Enrollment Period as early as this summer.

"Initial enrollments" sounds alot like the what Sherpa is doing now.....initial enrollment then 3 way call to complete........no thanks......

If a WBE-to-Healthcare.gov connection isn't currently possible, how was HealthSherpa doing it?

"as early as this Summer" means that's the soonest this capability might become available. Like maybe 45 days before the next Open Enrollment commences...or years from this Summer.

Allen,

CMS announced this on a call last week. Testing is supposed to open in June and they are targeting July 10th to open the connection with WBE's for certain SEP enrollments.

Given some of the variability with launch dates, we hedged a bit on the exact date, but we're hoping it's July 10th!

I was told today that CMS is going to require all WBE's to use the same kind of interaction with the FFM as carrier-direct links, that is going to make it more difficult to do enrollments in a very short period of time, particularly for families with a few children and all of those extra questions pop up.

Has anyone else heard the same thing?

I haven't had that much of an issue with my npn being stripped. Zero issues with passive enrollments and direct hc.gov enrollments. The only issues we have seen have been carrier enrollments.

Haven't used HealthSherpa, $10 per app just seems high to me. The carrier sites are just as streamlined, and free. For a few thousand $'s, I can easily justify correcting the npn issue in my down time.

I haven't had that much of an issue with my npn being stripped. Zero issues with passive enrollments and direct hc.gov enrollments. The only issues we have seen have been carrier enrollments. Haven't used HealthSherpa, $10 per app just seems high to me. The carrier sites are just as streamlined, and free. For a few thousand $'s, I can easily justify correcting the npn issue in my down time.

I wouldn't use Sherpa for off exchange business. But during OEP, at least in the past, it took 5 minutes to complete an on exchange app. Paying $10 is well worth the time savings compared to doing on exchange business on hc.gov. At least it is for me.

But from what I understand that is going to change. Which will likely lead to me not doing any on exchange business.

Back