Referrals

SME

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Arizona
I want to find a card I can send to my new clients thanking them for thier business and asking for referrals. I would like the card to have a part that they can complete, tear off and return to refer people to me. But I haven't been able to find anything like this on the websites I have visited. Has anyone seen or used anything similar?

there is a very cool company in Dallas called Personal Maestro. They make great referal products. Plus each referal card comes with an hour of free service on their personal assistant service. This way they see your info every time they use the PA service. The sales director is Barry Alfia 972-590-1949

I want to find a card I can send to my new clients thanking them for thier business and asking for referrals. I would like the card to have a part that they can complete, tear off and return to refer people to me. But I haven't been able to find anything like this on the websites I have visited. Has anyone seen or used anything similar?

Why send a card? Pre-printed cards are so impersonal!

If you really appreciate their business send them a personalized letter thanking them. If you want a return reply card then design one and include it in the letter.

Computers make it so easy to design and send out exactly what you are looking for rather than using something that will, at best, be generic in nature.

I send personalized letters to all of my clients several times a year. In all my correspondence with clients I have a PS that asks them to please pass my number on to anyone else I can help with their insurance needs.

I tried asking them to write down or to send me names of people and they never did it. When I tried a much softer approach I began getting referrals. Now, a large part of my business is referrals.

A copy of my personalized letter thanking them for their business is in one of the threads on this board. Can't remember which one. It's also in the Mail Merge section of YIO. No, that's not a cheap plug for YIO, just another place to find it. lol

What song? Got me on that one. LOL

Last edited:
I now send out a hand written note on a thank you card but I wanted to find a way to have them mail me the referrals back. But after hearing about your experience maybe just adding several of my cards would be better.

I now send out a hand written note on a thank you card but I wanted to find a way to have them mail me the referrals back. But after hearing about your experience maybe just adding several of my cards would be better.

Like Frank said. Just get business reply cards printed up and insert them in your personal note. They can write in the names and drop it in the mail and you will pay the postage for them. Very inexpensive and personalized solution.

I would recommend a service, called Sendout Cards.com. If you are interested, please let me know, and I can send you the lady's name and contact information.

It's a way to personalize a thank you note, and send it, all at the convenience of your computer.

Aw, heck, here' her information:

Paula Brock
[email protected]

Tell her Bob Levine referred you. The website is: www.sendoutcards.com but I would recommend going through Paula, and letting her step you through it.

That's all well and good but from my experience that isn't going to work either. Do not count on your clients to contact people and sell insurance for you. They are not going to do it! I know, you don't think you are doing that but that is what they are going to see.

If you are counting on your clients to pass out your business cards to friends, relatives, fellow church members, etc. then you are going to be very disappointed.

This is the way referrals work. You stay in constant contact with your clients. This means several times throughout the year, not just a thank you card, letter, etc when they take the policy. You are still a stranger and an insurance agent to them at that point.

Over time, only if you stay in touch with them several times a year, will begin to think of you as a person, not just an agent. When, and only when, someone else brings up the subject of insurance are they likely to mention your name. If you've done a really good job of servicing them they may brag on you.

This is usually what transpires before you will get the referral. If your client has any sales ability he/she will say, I will have Steph, my agent, give you a call. If they don't the conversation may end there.

I got a lot of referrals from existing clients when Part D hit last year. I talked to my clients about it and asked them if they had any friends who were also confused about Part D. I got a lot of names and phone numbers.

They didn't hesitate to give them to me. I explained it to them so they could understand it and they really perceived that they would be doing their friend a genuine favor by giving me their name and phone number. Remember though, these were long time clients who knew me as a person, not just an agent.

Part D was the topic of discussion among all seniors so the transition of helping my clients understand it and getting names of others to help from them was a very natural thing for them to do.

Selling insurance in general requires a lot of creativity. Once you find an opening of any kind you need to act fast and maximize your opportunities.

Referrals only come from very happy clients who you have made to feel "warm and fuzzy" about you.

Try handwriting notes. Get some classy stationary and spend
the efforts on a handwritten note.

When is the last time you received one yourself?

Take the time energy and effort to write to people.

Handwritten. No gimmicks like autopens, or pre-printed fonts.

Back