Referrel Fee in LA for Life Insuranc e?

Agent001

Does anyone know if a licensed agent is allowed to offer a client (non-licensed) a referral fee or gift card for referrals after a life insurance sale in Louisiana? After the sale was made the client offered to send more referrals and asked if there would be a referral fee or can I send a gift card?

Thanks!

Thanks adjusterjack. I spoke to them and they referred me some statutes. It doesn't look like it's allowed to give a gift card for a referral to a client (non-licensed agent) but if anyone knows different please don't hesitate post.

Figure out an agreed upon amount and pay the person. DO NOT WRITE THIS OFF AS AN EXPENSE. CASH IS KING.

Thanks adjusterjack. I spoke to them and they referred me some statutes. It doesn't look like it's allowed to give a gift card for a referral to a client (non-licensed agent) but if anyone knows different please don't hesitate post.
You can compensate non-licensed entities in most states but it has to be billed as a lead.

Meaning, you pay for every referral, regardless of if you get business or not.

This is not legal/insurance advice but I have seen it done this way in the past and it has been very fruitful. Just keep in mind that the compensation needs to be in line with what a lead would cost. You can't just write big checks for referrals that translate to sales and then send nothing on ones that don't.

I hope that helps.

Back