• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Residential Push 1 Calling

Norwayguy

I have spent way too much time here.
5000 Post Club
Norway, ME
Just had to post this one...Just recieved a solicitation this way and pushed 1..Couldn't believe it was a solicitation for the services of an attorney. I pushed 1 because I wanted to get the information to file a complaint.

LOL -- tell us what happens -- what kind of law services was he soliciting?

It was some sort of class action, badly targeted.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
B2B, perfectly legal in certain states.

You might have missed the title "Residential" which is illegal.

What sucks is that all I can do is enter a complaint at www.donotcall.gov which takes complaints for DNC violations once a number has been listed for 30 days and all the time for robo call complaints wether your number is DNC registered or not.

I'm sure this guy knows how to work the system and will run a campaign and then drop the number and move on to a different number and will probably use a different name as well since I can't get any info about the phone number other than the carrier name.

Last edited:
Ya, missed that. Was thinking about you just getting a call on your phone. I get press one stuff at least once a week from lead vendors, marketers, etc.

I get robo-calls to my personal cell phone every other day -- I had it listed in the past as a business phone, so I'll get health insurance robo calls and SEO Google robo calls.

Perhaps you may be in the same situation as I?

Ahhh......... the good ole days of Press 1's and fax blasting to keep you busy...and well PAID.

Too bad, it didn't last till I 'grew up'

Bottom line is that if everyone was doing it TODAY, there would be so many sales calls made this way it would be a terrible way to get business. You could probably more than triple the amount of these calls today and that's what you would be up against. People and companies getting good leads today (leads that come in while you sit on your butt without a headset attached) are getting them from their internet websites.

My point is that I wouldn't cry over it. The landscape wouldn't be the same today as it was. JMO

Back