Response Rate on Mail Drops During November Through December

Outside of medicare, anyone I know doesn't drop. Not to say others don't, but many if the big final expense folks don't do anything til January.

Perhaps you wouldn't get as many responses but I wonder if the ones that are really serious about buying might be the ones to respond since your mail piece would stand out this time of year. It wouldn't be just one among the many they receive the rest of the year.

I think rouse has a good point...I don't think you ever stop marketing just scale it up or down. If you wait until January then your starting cold versus hot. On a sidebar, I went to mons venus many years ago after college for a bachelor party. Some of the prettiest girls I've seen doing some of the most disgusting things on anybody willing to pay. Last time there but ybor is still a lot of fun (even with big brother watching via cameras).

FYI, I did direct mail through EFES/Securus for a year before testing out cold calling.

M&M, what's your DM response rate experience through November and December? I know you mail a ton.

I can tell you... if I were to cold call, it would be for MedSupps only.

You HAVE to do BRC Mailers for FE. No exceptions*.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How about November? What's your experience there?
It's timing really. Based on the turn around time. But if I was still doing any mailings I would be doing my last drop(s)...now. But again, depends on how much you're wanting to drop. I would double up a little bit now and take what comes in. I would figure they would start to trickle in the first week of December and get you through the month maybe?

Then, start dropping the 3rd week in December to "prime the pump" for the first of the year.

I cold call for FE only and do alright. Feel kinda behind the curve with everyone talking about lead systems. I was broke when I started and as the saying goes - "If you 'aint got what you need, use what you got." Getting a little bit of a complex with everyone talking about what will and won't work.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Now that I think about it; Why am I hanging out with you guys anyway? I'm going over to the Zig Ziglar forum.

Last edited:
One of the comments here did strike a little nerve of mine.

I wish I had a dollar for every lead that in December blew me off until the first of the year cuz they were just too busy to meet in DEcember. Then when January gets here they have some other nonsensical excuse for putting things off until early March.

If somebody tells you that in December, most of the time they are just blowing you off. You can accept it as the truth or overcome it and get their business now. A few of them will indeed buy something in January but the vast majority will just continue to blow you off.

One of the comments here did strike a little nerve of mine.

I wish I had a dollar for every lead that in December blew me off until the first of the year cuz they were just too busy to meet in DEcember. Then when January gets here they have some other nonsensical excuse for putting things off until early March.

If somebody tells you that in December, most of the time they are just blowing you off. You can accept it as the truth or overcome it and get their business now. A few of them will indeed buy something in January but the vast majority will just continue to blow you off.

That's pretty much always the case. Any excuse is good for them. I had a some people that couldn't meet with on election tues. Some because they said they were poll workers and some just because it was election day. Everyone of them told me to call on that wed for thurs. When I called them on wed they had something else to come up and wouldn't be available for thurs either.

I dropped them in the trash because I know there would have been something else the next time. You can't waste your time dealing with uninterested people.

"It just goes to show there is something to be said about creating "that sense of urgency"

I've done this with good results when standing at the door without an appointment

"Your here, I'am here, and the best little Final expense and burial policy money can buy is right here in my briefcase and it will take us less than 5 minutes to see if you might qualify."

then i shuffle my feet cuz im coming in and that prick ain't gonna stop me!

And the rest of the story is; he then hits me with two objections and I fold like a cheap suit and leave with my tail between my legs!!!

Back