Safeco & Racism

Allen, do you actually believe your bs? You dedicate your posts to me. If you need a friend..by a goldfish. I see you spend all of your time on this site...do you actually work hard at what you do for a living? Bring some useful ideas to the table. I was with Safeco for 2 months with 4 policies..all were referrals. I don't advertise..all my business is word of mouth. This is a serious matter. I have lived through busing in schools, MLK, RFK, and cities being burned. You sir are ignorant of the facts, so quit with the 2 thousand posts that are of no positive value and go get yourself that mystery shopper job you've always wanted. There is an article in the Washington Post about this troubling pattern..go read, learn something.

Lol—what? I dont know you nor dedicate any posts to you. But, from this response, I can get an idea that you may have a quick trigger & possibly be prone to say or write things you may wish you could take back. I am just encouraging you to move on, power through it.

PS— I dont see how an average of 4-5 responses or posts a week is living on this forum. A ton to be learned here from all the helpful, professional agents. So, 10-20 minutes a day doesn’t seem like a waste to me. I give back to the forum. Sometimes in professional expertise, other times i give back with immature humor that we can all use on occasion

Last edited:
got plenty of humor...3 jabs by you and i respond...now i have a trigger? I'm just saying give us news we all can use to help one another. address the real problems...if you called a company on behalf of the mutual customer and were transferred and put on hold 14 times spanning close to an hour an a half and asked the person, "to whom am I speaking" and an underwriter asked the same question...i guess you're set in your ways until it happens to you. as for signing up companies...it's very hard to get appointed without a very large book. I had sold it 5 years ago and started fresh with LOCAL territory managers signing me up based on knowing me and my work ethic...without 1 customer to give them! The only thing I am guilty of is, maybe voice inflection, after such a frustrating waste of time with an uncaring service representative. anyway, enjoy your weekend...no harm, no foul

I've been brokering commercial insurance for about 10 years. My office is mixed race, and almost entirely female. My clientele is largely Chinese, and for that reason I often playfully (and half seriously) refer to myself as the ambassador to China, and I haven't had any issues being called racist, sexist, or anything like that.

Allen, do you actually believe your bs? You dedicate your posts to me. If you need a friend..by a goldfish. I see you spend all of your time on this site...do you actually work hard at what you do for a living? Bring some useful ideas to the table. I was with Safeco for 2 months with 4 policies..all were referrals. I don't advertise..all my business is word of mouth. This is a serious matter. I have lived through busing in schools, MLK, RFK, and cities being burned. You sir are ignorant of the facts, so quit with the 2 thousand posts that are of no positive value and go get yourself that mystery shopper job you've always wanted. There is an article in the Washington Post about this troubling pattern..go read, learn something.

Why be an ass? I was on your side until this post. You came here, you posted here on an open forum, asking us, do you think you dictate the response? You don't.

Allen gave you a pretty reasonable response, and it looks like you are attacking him now.

Now I kinda understand how you got in hot water with Safeco.

I assume I should expect some sort of attack on my 2,876 posts. Or my tiny left hand. For the love of god I hope he doesn't say anything about my tiny legs, though.

Now I kinda understand how you got in hot water with Safeco.

Seen it lots before. Maybe someone that every call is hair on fire urgent, condescending, demanding, demeaning, insisting to talk to management, needing hand held for basic remedial stuff & maybe for stuff available from other systems or online, but the call or calls kept escalating. Not saying this is the case in Mr Ashton's, but I have seen carriers cut ties after a few run ins to this nature, especially with no established positive interactions with the company where the person could have advocates come forward to say that isn't the experiences they have had with the producer.

Easier for carrier(or any business)to end the relationship now & in today's world pre emptively avoid what could be an even more explosive problem in the future that could get the carrier bad PR worth more than 4 policies. Right or wrong, your 1st impressions can have consequences. You get alot more with honey than vinegar.

If I was mistreated by a carrier, I would pick one of the other 1000+ to pick from, not get hung up on staying in a loveless relationship what my 4 active policy book of business with the carrier

If you need a friend..by a goldfish.

@Allen Trent let me know how this works for you. I believe that it's significant suggestions like this that makes the forum productive and enlightening. ;)

As to the original post, seems a bit of a bait. Who in their right mind would want to reappoint with a company like that! :err:

I'd probably move as much of the placed business elsewhere as I could, and move on. I own my clients, not the companies. Companies often treat their agents like they would treat their clients. :yes:

Just trying to work hard, do the best I can, and standup when there's injustice. We need to get the real truth out there. At least I didn't call someone an ass. Now everyone should see what the employees at Liberty are saying. Downsizing and pay cuts which effect you Mr. Producer. I guess the Trump corp. tax cut and the upper management bonuses weren't enough? Greed is good?

Last edited:
Safeco has cut pay on all their inside insurance sales reps...the up and coming will work for less until they learn more, then we start over...Meanwhile they try to amp up advertising..I thank the Liberty workers who were brave enough to come forward. As for the posts go get another carrier...have you tried getting appointed in Florida? Last stat I saw was 33% of all auto fraud PIP claims were in Florida...companies don't like the corruption nor the John Morgan's in the state of Florida

Last edited:
Back