Sales, the Lies and the Truth

Buyers are liars. No matter who they are, they are cowards. Ask what they want and when they want it.

You don't think there are tire kickers out there in every business. They don't have the ability to make a purchase but they will take all your time.

There are plenty of functioning mental cases on the Internet. All the time people are telling me they didn't know what they were doing.

It's always been said that 20% of the people do 80% of the work. The 20% are trying to get the rest off their duff and take responsibility for themselves.

The Lie - coffee is for everyone.
The Truth - coffee is for closers.

"Blake: We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]
Blake: Second prize is a set of steak knives.
Third prize is you're fired."

From the best salesman movie of all time.

"Blake: We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]
Blake: Second prize is a set of steak knives.
Third prize is you're fired."

From the best salesman movie of all time.

Glengarry Glen Ross
Great movie

Also I enjoyed
Boiler Room

Glengarry Glen Ross
Great movie

Also I enjoyed
Boiler Room

For getting this trivia question right, you win the steak knives. Both are definitely must-see movies.

A actually made someone watch Glengary Glen Ross before I would sponsor them for licensing. I told them I would have a test for them at the end with one question.

The question I asked was "What is the salient, fundamental most important point of this movie? (BS about the five best male actors in America appearing in one movie, or the dark, lonely burden the working salesman must carry are not valid answers)"

Answer: "The leads."

Good test! That's why insurance is simple, we can buy leads, thus giving us an edge on the old school pre internet brokers.

For getting this trivia question right, you win the steak knives. Both are definitely must-see movies.

A actually made someone watch Glengary Glen Ross before I would sponsor them for licensing. I told them I would have a test for them at the end with one question.

The question I asked was "What is the salient, fundamental most important point of this movie? (BS about the five best male actors in America appearing in one movie, or the dark, lonely burden the working salesman must carry are not valid answers)"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey rabbi, is that a mac desktop in the background of that handsome picture of you?

You're a stand-up guy Rob.

Last edited by a moderator:

WOW
I never thought of it that way.

I would of said its all about closing! ABC

Back