SAN Required if Hiring Filipinos?

The DNC rules are pretty straightforward. Some of the newer rules are convoluted.

You need a SAN, they are free. Get one. It is your get out of jail perhaps for free card. Downloading the DNC lists is where the money comes from. You need a SAN to subscribe to area codes to download.

There is a safe haven stipulation in the DNC rules that say as long as you have a reasonable process in place and you have your SAN, you will not be held liable for incidental DNC violations. This is mostly to get you around issues of phones being forwarded, recent additions, transfers, etc. It isn't to see how many you can get by with before you get fined.

In this case, if they are calling on your behalf, then yes, you NEED A SAN.

If you are hiring a company to generate leads via telemarketing and they are supplying the lists and all equipment, then maybe not, but I would have one just in case.

Dan

What was Frank's advice??

Frank basically said to ignore the DNC, just to be nice and pleasant on the phone and if you get called out, just apologize and try and smooth it over. He got some static over it at the time, but everyone liked Frank and that was that.

He is wrong, but he is right. Odds are, nothing will ever happen to the individual agent. My point and my continuing point is, turn a call center lose and it is different. An overseas call center doesn't give a flip if they generate complaints against agents.

Back