Seeking a referral

Peter Kimmich

Hi, here’s a question that seems to evade me in my Google searches, maybe someone here knows the answer?

My wife owns several designer handbags we’d like to insure. Ideally we’d insure them similar to the way we’ve insured her engagement ring and other jewelry, with decent coverage and no or low deductible. (The jewelry policy unfortunately only covers jewelry.) The handbags are covered under home as personal property, but there is a high deductible and we’d like to find a stand-alone company that insures items like this, preferably with a better deductible.

There are a few such companies based in the UK or Canada, and in the US there is AIG Private Client which doesn’t write in California (where we live).

Can anyone recommend a US company that offers stand-alone policies for handbags, couture, etc without being part of a larger (such as home) policy?

Thanks, and have a great day.

Hi, here’s a question that seems to evade me in my Google searches, maybe someone here knows the answer?

My wife owns several designer handbags we’d like to insure. Ideally we’d insure them similar to the way we’ve insured her engagement ring and other jewelry, with decent coverage and no or low deductible. (The jewelry policy unfortunately only covers jewelry.) The handbags are covered under home as personal property, but there is a high deductible and we’d like to find a stand-alone company that insures items like this, preferably with a better deductible.

There are a few such companies based in the UK or Canada, and in the US there is AIG Private Client which doesn’t write in California (where we live).

Can anyone recommend a US company that offers stand-alone policies for handbags, couture, etc without being part of a larger (such as home) policy?

Thanks, and have a great day.
Why don't you contact your local P&C agency?

Back