Selling During the Holiday Season

Surancedawg

Guru
100+ Post Club
Since Christmas and New Year's falls on Sunday this time, the week in between might be a good time to do some end-of-year selling (and get a last crack at posting carrier trip qualifying AP!). Does anybody know if most carriers and 3rd Party PHI lines will be available more or less the usual hours this year, or are they going to be closed that week?

I could understand the Monday after Christmas but I'm working that whole week so if they want my business they better be answering the phone.

I have done very well in the past during the Christmas season.

Sadly, this year i was too sick to work much. Hard to sale when you can not talk!

You could always try saling using sign language. :twitchy:

Glad you're feeling better. :yes:

Thats just funny right there! Sign language.
On a serious note, I have sold a few plans to people who could not hear or see. It's tough but doable.

Thats just funny right there! Sign language.
On a serious note, I have sold a few plans to people who could not hear or see. It's tough but doable.

Back in the old days(mid 70's) when we could accept cash, I sold an older blind couple Med Supps. They handed me a wad of cash and had me count out what their premium was for 6 months.

I chewed them out for having that kind of cash on hand..that people could rob or cheat them. He told me that he could tell by the sound of my voice that he could trust me.

Boy, did I fool him!:twitchy: Just kidding...:)

Back in the old days(mid 70's) when we could accept cash, I sold an older blind couple Med Supps. They handed me a wad of cash and had me count out what their premium was for 6 months.

I chewed them out for having that kind of cash on hand..that people could rob or cheat them. He told me that he could tell by the sound of my voice that he could trust me.

Boy, did I fool him!:twitchy: Just kidding...:)

For the longest time, a blind man ran a snack counter at UT on the Hill. He basically took people at their word about what they gave him. He had tricks on how he folded bills so he could give change. I seem to recall hearing that students and staff looked out for him too, that someone didn't try to cheat him.

For the longest time, a blind man ran a snack counter at UT on the Hill. He basically took people at their word about what they gave him. He had tricks on how he folded bills so he could give change. I seem to recall hearing that students and staff looked out for him too, that someone didn't try to cheat him.

You have to admire somebody like that. Instead of being on the dole, he's paying his own way. Too bad more able bodied Americans aren't doing the same.

Back