Selling Medicare advantage by Telephone.

I wouldn’t know. I’ve tried doing their E-App like 30x and I can’t get the doctor list to pop up.
And I never knew they didn’t have to be there because the wording at the top made me think they did.
Usually, a browser issue when trying to pull the Drs in. Doesn't work on chrome, works with Explorer.

My last job I did outbound calls and we were allowed to do the e-app and of course, they weren't present. BUT the company had to upload every single advantage plan call and CMS had to approve the phone script and the verbal SOA.

Out on my own? I am not going to try and sell advantage or RX over the phone. Even though my dialer records calls, I believe I read somewhere that if we wanted to do phone sales, the carrier and/or CMS has to approve the script...which has an air of truth because of the last place I was at.
I am trying to find the right dialer to use. As I have stated earlier, I am working through an FMO who does have a platform for eAPPS and MAPD's but you have to email SOA and completed app to client to sign. I would prefer the verbal approval and recording. My FMO don't offer recordings.

I wouldn’t know. I’ve tried doing their E-App like 30x and I can’t get the doctor list to pop up.
And I never knew they didn’t have to be there because the wording at the top made me think they did.

The Humana issue with the doctor pop up is a browser-based problem. The workaround is to open Internet Explorer when you want to do a Humana app where you need to select a doctor. Assuming Windows OS, click on search button and type in Internet Explorer - should get a link to open that browser (which is NOT the same as MS Edge).

I am trying to find the right dialer to use. As I have stated earlier, I am working through an FMO who does have a platform for eAPPS and MAPD's but you have to email SOA and completed app to client to sign. I would prefer the verbal approval and recording. My FMO don't offer recordings.

SalesDialers.com

Selling MA and Part D over the phone is a compliance nightmare. I am friends with 2 compliance officers for major call centers and they are constantly bombarded with regs and other issues. Scripts have to be read verbatim, they are long and boring (they require a whole host of disclaimers), and getting them approved is no easy process.

As mentioned, if you have permission to contact a prospect by phone for MA or Part D, you can do the presentation over the phone, mail them a kit, and have them return it. Some carriers have consumer-facing sites they can enroll themselves and put in your broker ID for a commission.

The Humana issue with the doctor pop up is a browser-based problem. The workaround is to open Internet Explorer when you want to do a Humana app where you need to select a doctor. Assuming Windows OS, click on search button and type in Internet Explorer - should get a link to open that browser (which is NOT the same as MS Edge).

Yep. I’ve done that dozens of times. Can’t get it to work anymore.

Your FMO is not the issue. You’re not getting a verbal approval. Welcome to Indy agent life.

Your FMO is not the issue. You’re not getting a verbal approval. Welcome to Indy agent life.
With all due respect, I don't think you really understand how the process for MAPD's by telephone works. It has nothing to do with any FMO. Per CMS compliance, everything must be recorded and you must use a pre-approved pitch. The client will verbally state that they authorize the application (e-signature)and you will then submit it without having to send it first to the client. You can still email the SOA.

Yep. I’ve done that dozens of times. Can’t get it to work anymore.
That sucks...
If it used to work, try Tools (menu) - Internet Options - Advanced (tab) - hit the Reset button there. Good luck, I'm out of ideas :-)

With all due respect, I don't think you really understand how the process for MAPD's by telephone works. It has nothing to do with any FMO. Per CMS compliance, everything must be recorded and you must use a pre-approved pitch. The client will verbally state that they authorize the application (e-signature)and you will then submit it without having to send it first to the client. You can still email the SOA.
Not exactly. You don't need to record nor do you need a voice signature. That requirement is only for call centers.

However, I shy away from doing any MA plans over the phone because it become "he said, she said."

So with all due respect, may you don't really understand the process.

Rick

Back