Settlers claims record

in 30 years, I only recall about 2 resended policys
There could have been maybe 2 others. But, My mind is not as sharp as it was. LOL!!!!!

Am I reading too much into Lincoln's 24-hour death claim payout marketing claim?

I'm sure it's great for marketing.

What shonceman said and as you mentioned later. It needs context.

I doubt you will find very many people who would be upset if you said, "Most claims are paid within 24 hours of receiving the death certificate."

While LH should further expand on the statement, it wouldn't fit quite as nicely on a marketing piece. The problem is, it appears the agents are not putting it in context when they speak with prospects.

What shonceman said and as you mentioned later. It needs context.

I doubt you will find very many people who would be upset if you said, "Most claims are paid within 24 hours of receiving the death certificate."

While LH should further expand on the statement, it wouldn't fit quite as nicely on a marketing piece. The problem is, it appears the agents are not putting it in context when they speak with prospects.
What can make a difference is what a company requires as proof of claim..I don't know if there still are, but there used to be companies that accepted notification from the funeral home. Most require a death certificate which takes longer but the FH can still get paid in 24 hours by using a benefit financing company.

What can make a difference is what a company requires as proof of claim..I don't know if there still are, but there used to be companies that accepted notification from the funeral home. Most require a death certificate which takes longer but the FH can still get paid in 24 hours by using a benefit financing company.

Now there is a lot of validity to that. Some areas can be quite slow in getting the death certificate. I believe the ones that work with funeral homes are more likely to accept notice from them. United Heritage quickly comes to mind. Last time I heard, they would accept that. Perhaps Security National Life as well?

Of course, this is why the assignment process exists, funeral home is typically getting the death certificates anyway. Of course, there is a charge for it too.

Now there is a lot of validity to that. Some areas can be quite slow in getting the death certificate. I believe the ones that work with funeral homes are more likely to accept notice from them. United Heritage quickly comes to mind. Last time I heard, they would accept that. Perhaps Security National Life as well?

Of course, this is why the assignment process exists, funeral home is typically getting the death certificates anyway. Of course, there is a charge for it too.

Recently completed a death claim with my front running carrier... completed the paper work at a Dairy Queen to facilitate a working beni. As part of the process I filled all the forms, took scanned photos and sent them to claims within 30 min. of signature. This allowed for the claim to begin before paper work actually arrived. This can speed the process up tremendously.

Recently completed a death claim with my front running carrier... completed the paper work at a Dairy Queen to facilitate a working beni. As part of the process I filled all the forms, took scanned photos and sent them to claims within 30 min. of signature. This allowed for the claim to begin before paper work actually arrived. This can speed the process up tremendously.

Nice! Way to go above and beyond for your client.

Here is the question, will they actually start on it or will it just sit in the pile until they get the death certificate? In some companies, this actually hurts more than helps. They just got an incomplete file, it goes to the bottom of the stack.

I'm not asking it to knock you, merely to make sure it isn't being counterproductive.

Also, there were some companies that would take a newspaper clipping as proof of accidental death and the obituary as proof of death on incontestable polices.

:yes::v_SPIN::v_SPIN:
Nice! Way to go above and beyond for your client.

Here is the question, will they actually start on it or will it just sit in the pile until they get the death certificate? In some companies, this actually hurts more than helps. They just got an incomplete file, it goes to the bottom of the stack.

I'm not asking it to knock you, merely to make sure it isn't being counterproductive.

This company will. Others... who knows? Just so happens the beni was a client at well. Often, if done correctly the extra mile pays for itself. After the death cert was received, the check arrived 3 days later at the beni's home. I know that this is an exception not necessarily the rule... but do you know how many times I tell that story a week! That was worth all the extra time plus the cancer sale that followed.

Back