• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Shingles Vaccines Work. But Medicare Won’t Always Cover Them.

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
https://www.kiplinger.com/retiremen...ines-work-but-medicare-wont-always-cover-them

Will Medicare Offer Free Shingles Vaccines?

Concerned that the complicated and sometimes expensive Medicare vaccine coverage system is resulting in low vaccination rates among Medicare beneficiaries, bipartisan members of Congress have introduced legislation that would require all recommended vaccines to be covered under Part B at no cost to beneficiaries. This would include vaccines for both shingles and the combination vaccine for tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (Tdap).

The Protecting Seniors Through Immunization Act would also require beneficiaries be given information about vaccines and require a study of vaccination rates among Medicare patients.

https://www.kiplinger.com/retiremen...ines-work-but-medicare-wont-always-cover-them

Will Medicare Offer Free Shingles Vaccines?

Concerned that the complicated and sometimes expensive Medicare vaccine coverage system is resulting in low vaccination rates among Medicare beneficiaries, bipartisan members of Congress have introduced legislation that would require all recommended vaccines to be covered under Part B at no cost to beneficiaries. This would include vaccines for both shingles and the combination vaccine for tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (Tdap).

The Protecting Seniors Through Immunization Act would also require beneficiaries be given information about vaccines and require a study of vaccination rates among Medicare patients.
Is this just for people that don’t have supplements? Because if they have a Medicare Supplement they have that covered now unless they haven’t met their deductible yet.

The shingles vaccine is Part D, not B. Usually Tier 3 on most Part D plans.

Unless it was very recently changed to Part B.....
Could be. In the OP’s post he was saying covered under Part B but at 100% or at least that’s how I took it.

Could be. In the OP’s post he was saying covered under Part B but at 100% or at least that’s how I took it.
"bipartisan members of Congress have introduced legislation that would require all recommended vaccines to be covered under Part B at no cost to beneficiaries"

I got the first (of two) Shingrix vax a few weeks ago . . . tier 4 on my drug plan and $200 copay. I paid cash and got it for $178.

Shoot, if you would have an Aetna MAPD it would be 47.00 for each shot. No premium and no deductible to worry about.

Or you could use Good RX and would be 155.00 at CVS.

Shoot, if you would have an Aetna MAPD it would be 47.00 for each shot. No premium and no deductible to worry about.

Or you could use Good RX and would be 155.00 at CVS.

Paying 300$ for 4-5 years of coverage and having better overall medical coverage is exponentially better than grabbing 90$ and going into managed care for the same time frame. I'm willing to gamble if they go into the hospital for 1 day they'd already spent that "savings."

I know, I know, add a HI plan... so they do actually have a premium.

Back