Should i leave a voicemail when cold calling

I'm a new agent and I wanted to know if i should or should not leave a voicemail for a cold FE lead?
I'd door knock it before I'd leave a voicemail.

I might leave a voicemail after 14 attempts to reach them by phone. At that point, you don't have anything to lose because they're screening their calls and aren't going to answer anyway.

I’ve never left a VM when I’ve cold called years ago. But I do leave VM now for my DM leads and it works well.
I say, “this is chaz, I’m calling because I just received a card back from you In regards to your upcoming Medicare enrollment in January. I have some info for you if you could give me a call”.
Surprisingly it works Well.

If it's a lead from direct mail or telemarketing, ALWAYS LEAVE A MESSAGE. Every time you leave a message, the lead becomes warmer. The prospect hears your name and message and becomes more familiar with you. So, when you do finally make contact, they know who you are and what's your message.

Look at major companies like Ford. They leave messages all the time on the tv.

Leaving a message doesn't cost anything and it only takes 30 seconds so why not.

If it's a lead from direct mail or telemarketing, ALWAYS LEAVE A MESSAGE. Every time you leave a message, the lead becomes warmer. The prospect hears your name and message and becomes more familiar with you. So, when you do finally make contact, they know who you are and what's your message.

Look at major companies like Ford. They leave messages all the time on the tv.

Leaving a message doesn't cost anything and it only takes 30 seconds so why not.
Once you leave that message, they'll know to avoid you. :laugh:

every book I read on prospecting recommends leaving a voice mail.

Those same books probably tell how 99 ways to hound them until they agree to an appointment (phone or F2F).

Why work so hard trying to talk to someone who doesn't want to work with you?

I never understood that.

There are plenty of ways to drip on folks without spending a lot of time or energy on someone who is trying to avoid you.

Once you leave that message, they'll know to avoid you

OK, good point. But, every book I read on prospecting recommends leaving a voice mail.
I talking about cold calling on the phone off of a list. I've left a few messages and got a couple of them to call me back. What I gtt a lot of, is when they screen the call to see if it's a bill collector calling. Then curiosity gets the best of them and they call me back to see WTF I called them about(I didn't leave a voicemail).:yes:

Back