Shredder or no shredder?

I'd like to have a more regularly scheduled community dropoff for shredding, but there's no telling when the next event will occur. I bought a heavy-duty Bonsaii shredder which shreds 16 sheets at a time (micro-cut) to get rid of stuff I want safely disposed of NOW. It's worth the $100-$130 I spent to feel secure and have a machine that is reliable.

Caveat, not an agent.

I had a Bonsaii. The shred size was very secure but I had problems with it and got it replaced under warranty. The replacement also had issues. After I sent video to bonsaii, they just refunded my money. I can't remember the specific issues anymore but I think basically the shredding mechanism was very touchy because of the small size of the shreds.

I replaced it with an Aurora which shreds to a little larger particles.

This modern plastic packaging is horrible. You cannot shred address labels on that stuff with a shredder. It has to be paper only.

Sorry to hear that. Did you own the model C-222 B? I bought that model and it's worked flawlessly for nearly a year. I've shredded address labels (inside of folded sheets of paper that I'm shredding anyway without issue. So far, no problems.

I shred as I go, unless I'm purging paper and then I burn the mountain. I learned a while back how to clean, grease and oil a shredder, I've only burned out 1 in many years. I suggest 3-In-One oil All Temp Silicone, squirt it right onto the rotating blades.
Actually if you take one page that you are shreading and spread the oil on it like honey on toast then then put a 2nd piece of paper on top and just run both through the shredder it oils it all up nice and clean.

I have a P & C agency and I have an agency management system. All insured's and prospects are stored in this system. I also can scan any document into the insured's file. Once a document is scanned I shred it. The agency management systems are used in almost all P & C agencies but you can use it for life and health insured's also. I have burnt out one shredder and currently have an ativa brand that will shred up to 14 sheets at a time. I have been using the 3in1 oil to keep it lubricated.

Years ago I would buy and burn out a couple of shredders a year.

Then I started waiting until I had a half dozen bins. I would then take them to a non-profit (ARC) for shredding @$10 ea.

Over the years companies send more and more emails vs paper. Yeah, still to much paper.
How about paper apps and service forms?

Questions:

Do you use a service or have a shredder?
How about dead files after they time out?

I know, I know scan everything. Working on it. But then I will have 4 file cabinets full of files to deal with.
Use a Burn Barrel :err:

Latest posts

Back