• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Site Traffic - How Do I Compete with the Big Dogs.

Josh is right about how relevant they are currently. My site www.utahseniorservices.com has made huge improvements in the last week with a couple tweaks and some great backlinking, and it will only get better once some more adjustments have been made. I am sure things will change in the future, and that is the beauty of this forum where we can connect, share ideas, and help each other succeed. I am hoping my www.UtahMedicarePros.com site does as well.

Last edited:
The really cool thing about Jimmy's site is we didn't really do anything dirty yet. Probably won't need to either. I won't post the specific numbers here because it's Jimmy's call, but on a bunch of terms he jumped over 30 positions in less than two weeks and it hasn't really been dancing. Ignoring what he's already page 1 for, on one of the more competitive terms I pulled him from 97 to page 2 and it's still climbing. As a bonus, it was nowhere near $500/month. If he gets just one sale he'll make his money back and then some.

That is a very nice looking site!

Thanks. I do have a questions for everyone. What are your opinions of the quoting tools. Do they help or hurt your conversions. I currently have a Medicare supplement quoting tool on my site, but it seems like most people would rather just contact me. Any thoughts or experiences one way or the other?

how would it hurt conversions, the quote engine doesnt come up until the submit their contact info right? btw, u might want to pass the zip code, so the client doesnt have to enter it again, and bypass the quote engine page that asks for zip/age and directly load the quote results after they submit ur lead form.

Well hiring a site designer and SEO is not in this quarters budget, but it is differently something after the comments that I need to invest in. I am completely out of my element when it comes to websites.

Josh,

I think your site could benefit from a professional re-design. When I land on your site it appears somewhat cluttered, busy and confusing to me. If the funding is not in your budget, you could apply for a business credit line and have the site re-designed. It will pay for itself immediately in increased conversions and you can pay off the credit line in no time at all.

If you wish to compete with the "big dogs" your site has to look like you might just be one of the big dogs.

Most insurance sites are not aesthetically pleasing. The easiest way you can separate yourself from your competiton is to actually spend the money to hit a home run.

Right on.

Free stuff is great and I use a lot of it. But after you have had some success in the business, spend some money and let unbiased experts help you. Talk to those that do and did it, not the ones that teach.

If you're on a tight budget, there are a lot of decent free resources.

Best advice you'll ever get - above.

If anyone is selling SEO services, you want to:

A) Get a list of websites they've performed SEO services for
B) Get in touch with those agents directly and ask how it's been going.

And you're gonna likely get burned if you don't have the most basic of knowledge. Start learning SEO basics as Chumps has suggested.

Back