Slow months

sbg_ben

Super Genius
Hello,

What are your slowest months of the year? Things are really drying up for me right now so I'm thinking of going after some small groups to keep me busy until Medicare picks up more for me.

Just wondering how busy everyone is at this time of year.. If you are super busy, what is your secret? I'm changing up my marketing plans a bit but it will take a while to see results.

It's tough when it's not season unless you are in Florida, we have hurricane sep to use so still writing but next month it will die down for me too.

Hello,

What are your slowest months of the year? Things are really drying up for me right now so I'm thinking of going after some small groups to keep me busy until Medicare picks up more for me.

Just wondering how busy everyone is at this time of year.. If you are super busy, what is your secret? I'm changing up my marketing plans a bit but it will take a while to see results.
As far as slow months, I don't have any. Every month is about the same for me.

Going after small groups is probably not a good idea if you need money coming in now. Too much time from quote to finish.

I don't wait around for all the P's to get here. AEP, OEP, SEP etc. I go out and find something.

I do MA and OM. Both T65 and 67-78. Plenty of business there. Also FE, Life and Health.

I work 2 1/2 days a week. Usually play golf and fish on T & T and average around 2 apps a week.

The secret is keeping your pipeline full.

Hello,

Have you tried cross selling ancillary products to your book?

As far as slow months, I don't have any. Every month is about the same for me.

Going after small groups is probably not a good idea if you need money coming in now. Too much time from quote to finish.

I don't wait around for all the P's to get here. AEP, OEP, SEP etc. I go out and find something.

I do MA and OM. Both T65 and 67-78. Plenty of business there. Also FE, Life and Health.

I work 2 1/2 days a week. Usually play golf and fish on T & T and average around 2 apps a week.

The secret is keeping your pipeline full.

What do you do to always keep your pipeline full? I guess I am not sure what you mean by going out and finding something.

That sounds like a great work life balance and writing 2 a week is great. Slow steady results sounds like you are living the dream lol

I am familiar with the small group sales cycle, you are right it isn't usually quick to produce results. I'm not as worried about immediate cash flow I just don't want to be having such long periods of not being productive.

Have you tried cross selling ancillary products to your book?

Yeah I have tried to sell dental and vision to pretty much everyone it is a fit for. I haven't found a good place for hospital indemnity.. in my opinion the premiums make it rarely worth it when I run quotes. Sold a few travel policies and short term medical.

I could probably put out some more feelers on life insurance. Is there any other products I am missing here that you can think of?

I do mailers, I also sit outside a dr's office/lab and speak with everyone that walks by, I write 4-5 a month when slow. You can also do educational seminars

What kind of volume do you do on the mailers? I am starting to do some as well. How did you get set up with the dr's office/lab to be able to do that? Part of my problem is that the compliance stuff gets in my head and I get confused on what I can and cannot do. They also seem to keep updating the rules lately which makes it more confusing

I have set up at the dr's office by going into the dr's offices and building a relationship. They send me leads etc. I bring them lunch, freebies from insurance companies, my pens with info on them for customers.
My mailers: I mail what I can afford. Never a postcard, always a nice letter. T65 list is what works for me. My letters specify how each aspect of Medicare works and they appreciate the clarity and then they call me.

Back