Smoker with COPD

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Wrote a 58 year old male tobacco user back in 2018 with Assurity and it lapsed.. He called me and wanted coverage stating he now can afford it. Assurity's SIWL product is no longer available. I know Americo, Transamerica and Liberty Bankers will take him. Am I missing anyone?

If he gets a moo Gi brochure in the mail you’re in trouble . Smoker standard is an outrageous price and moo is 30% cheaper . Many younger people will take the risk with moo.

Wrote a 58 year old male tobacco user back in 2018 with Assurity and it lapsed.. He called me and wanted coverage stating he now can afford it. Assurity's SIWL product is no longer available. I know Americo, Transamerica and Liberty Bankers will take him. Am I missing anyone?

KSKJ Standard
Possible American Memorial preferred as long as no nebulizer use and has had COPD over 2-years.

American Memorial is in FL and is much less than Americo, Transamerica or LB. Uses Albuterol only and has had COPD for years. Maybe he would qualify. Thanks Newby.

2. Within the past 36 months have you:
a. Been medically diagnosed as having, been treated or been advised to have treatment for, or been hospitalized for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or alcohol or drug abuse, chronic obstructive pulmonary or lung disease (COPD), emphysema, or chronic bronchitis?

I looked at an application for American Memorial and this question is asked. If the answer is YES then modified. Not sure how that could be preferred Newby? Can you explain further?

As long as they’ve had it longer than three years with no recent exacerbation it’s immediate coverage

An exacerbation of COPD is when they were just In the hospital because it got worse, usually means they were prescribed steroids or more inhalers

Back