Smoker with COPD

2. Within the past 36 months have you:
a. Been medically diagnosed as having, been treated or been advised to have treatment for, or been hospitalized for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or alcohol or drug abuse, chronic obstructive pulmonary or lung disease (COPD), emphysema, or chronic bronchitis?

I looked at an application for American Memorial and this question is asked. If the answer is YES then modified. Not sure how that could be preferred Newby? Can you explain further?

Yes. When agents first told me they were using American Memorial preferred for certain COPD cases I was certain they were clean sheeting. Being willfully ignorant. But all you have to do is call their underwriting department to verify. They accept COPD treated 2-years or longer with inhalers at preferred rate. And the person can answer on the recorded phone interview that they do have COPD and the interviewer will ask follow up questions to qualify them correctly.

Assurity had a similar confusing app when it came to COPD also.

I’ve had a very good experience writing that carrier, I don’t pass official judgment until around 20,000 months later but I don’t have anything bad to say yet.

Back