• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

So I hear Cigna is going to

Re: And Now the Commission Reductions Begin

Cigna also said you wont be able to rate 10/1 eff date policies between 8/1 and 8/15 while they retool their system.

Re: And Now the Commission Reductions Begin

A thread full of opportinities and so many career decisions. Lets see, I can either:

- Continue to sell health insurance and not get paid.
- Sell patio furniture, which sounds appealing till you realize the foreclosure rates and how much patio furniture is for sale on Craigslist
- Operate the sour cream gun at Taco Bell

Any other great career advice? I'm leaning towards the Taco Bell gig. Does anyone know somebody who can help me get in?

Also, if someone returns their buritto because they didn't want sour cream, or didn't remember ordering sour cream, do I get charged back for that?

Dan

Game Over for PCIP! First Official Email from Cigna...

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']RE: Commissions on Guaranteed Issue* Policies[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']CIGNA is committed to delivering affordable, quality health plans in the markets we serve. Provisions of the
recently enacted Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) have necessitated changes in order for
CIGNA to remain cost competitive. As a result, effective October 1, 2010, commissions will no longer be paid
on any Individual & Family Plan policy containing one or more Guaranteed Issue customers.[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Effective October 1, 2010, this change will impact:[/FONT]
  • [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Existing policies covering one or more persons on a Guaranteed Issue basis[/FONT]
  • [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']New policies covering one or more persons on a Guaranteed Issue basis[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']For questions or more information, call CIGNA Sales Support at 1-877-CIGNA-15, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern Time.[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']As always, we thank you for choosing CIGNA for your business.[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']* Guaranteed Issue is defined as a case that covers any customer under age 19 who would have been declined coverage prior to
the passing of PPACA or a HIPAA case. [/FONT]
So far...NOT GOOOOD!

Re: Game Over for PCIP! First Official Email from Cigna...

Does this really upset or surprise you?

Hey, let the government pay for every diabetic, heart stroke, gout ridden, fybromialgic, morbidly obese, manic depressive, bipolar.

I want to keep selling to the healthy.

Re: Game Over for PCIP! First Official Email from Cigna...

A bit...I thought at least one "agressive" company would at least give 5%!

"Gout ridden" funny **** Bob!

lifeman

Re: Cigna's First Shoe To Drop

Yeah, but I'm kind of partial to the first one.

Back