Some Really Bright

We are all type A personalities, that's why we're in this business, and on this forum. I'll look forward to channeling all of this energy to figure out a way to survive in this business. I'll go into each thread with thicker skin.

Just a touch.

While I agree that it can get out of hand at times. It is easy to stop it. Do not respond or just do not enter the forum. While there is a lot of info here, it is just not that important.

Also the people that tend to bitch and moan the loudest about the abuse, tend to be those that either bait or post in a way to draw a negative response.

For the most part the people that contribute the most do not tend to get dirty. IMHO

Al, once again an excellent post!

Good analysis.

It has been my experience that most of those who are the most insulting also have a great deal of knowledge and while they are often abusive (witness a couple of them in this thread) to their credit they DO share what they know.

If you ask a question you will get an answer, and perhaps a bit of "attitude." Just dismiss it.

If you simply don't disagree with these guys you will stay pretty much out of their gun-sights (this is a very gun-oriented group) and you will enjoy your participation in the venue a lot more than if you challenge them... even if you are "right" and they are "wrong."

The one thing you will rarely hear here is "Your point is well made, but I respectfully disagree." It's usually more like "You're an #$%^&*"

This forum is just like the outside world. There are lots of good people and a fair number of jerks. As long as you understand that, you will get a lot out of this collection of agents.

Al

Back