Splitting up State Farm policy

I have a client that has a State Farm policy..and I ran quotes for her auto with Progressive which was a lot lower for her auto. She would like to keep her home with State Farm....my question is..how much will her home policy with State Farm go up in premium if I take he auto insurance away and put it with Progressive?

This may sound like a stupid response, but.... You need to call up your State Farm contact and ask them this.

If you do not have a State Farm contact point, go get one. Form a relationship with them and exchange leads back and forth.

Caveat, not an agent.

I think that may not be a helpful thing to do for, or to, your client.

"Yes your home policy might go up 20-25% without the discount but I'm saving you X% on the auto which will more than make up for it! When you like your Progressive auto policy to start?"

My overall agent experience moving away from State Farm auto coverage to another carrier in order to combine auto and home coverage to reduce premiums paid has been very, very, very negative. I would never advise someone with a good State Farm agent with whom they have a good business relationship to change carriers.

My overall agent experience moving away from State Farm auto coverage to another carrier in order to combine auto and home coverage to reduce premiums paid has been very, very, very negative. I would never advise someone with a good State Farm agent with whom they have a good business relationship to change carriers.

State Farm takes on rate and non renews folks just like any other carrier. But I'll admit every new client I've won from SF was with them for 15 years or more!

Back