State Farm Job Opportunity

Thanks for that, I got that basic idea from these posts on here. But thanks for reminding me. I guess I'll just keep after these agents. Or not.

Something tells me that the HO isn't going to talk to you either. You change companies too often for them. They want someone who will sell their soul and bleed red for the next 30 years.

Something tells me that the HO isn't going to talk to you either. You change companies too often for them. They want someone who will sell their soul and bleed red for the next 30 years.

I say I've been selling L&H knocking doors a little, but that is a problem as well, trying to come up with a job to put on my resume from 2005-2012 ,or, up to now. Usually I concentrate on telling people about my courier delivery company. But then I don't have insurance experience, so the lesson here, young whippersnappers, is don't bounce from job to job, it does not look good on a resume!!

A veteran P&C guy busted me on that the other day, he was saying, "what do you mean you've been kind of maybe selling a little with your own L&H agency part time a little?" ha ha

Last edited:
You change companies too often for them. They want someone who will sell their soul and bleed red for the next 30 years.

State Farm (Allstate too) has always liked internal agent candidates (from claims, underwriting, etc.). Most have already gulped the kool-aid, and when it comes to sales, they don't know any better...

Last edited:
State Farm (Allstate too) has always liked internal agent candidates (from claims, underwriting, etc.). Most have already gulped the kool-aid, and when it comes to sales, they don't know any better...

You guys are getting me to believe that if I hated all the politics and corporate crud and sheer loonie toons activity at LibNat or maybe Bankers Life, then I would really not go for the cult-like strangeness of State Farm.

I was unable to convince W&S I was able to choke down the kool-aid there, and I liked it there, so maybe State Farm would be a tough pill to swallow for me, even with sugar and some bourbon.

You guys are getting me to believe that if I hated all the politics and corporate crud and sheer loonie toons activity at LibNat or maybe Bankers Life, then I would really not go for the cult-like strangeness of State Farm.

I was unable to convince W&S I was able to choke down the kool-aid there, and I liked it there, so maybe State Farm would be a tough pill to swallow for me, even with sugar and some bourbon.

Just from what I have observed, no you won't like the kool-aid at State Farm. Not that you will get a chance to try it. You seem like a nice guy, but you aren't their cup of tea. As I said, you bounce around too much, you're too old (sorry, I think they like around 30), and you probably don't have the assets they want.

Just from what I have observed, no you won't like the kool-aid at State Farm. Not that you will get a chance to try it. You seem like a nice guy, but you aren't their cup of tea. As I said, you bounce around too much, you're too old (sorry, I think they like around 30), and you probably don't have the assets they want.

No offense taken. Actually, I've seen who and what they want to hire in my agent's office, as I am insured by them car and home. I know what you mean.

Back