Studying Materials for series 65 Exam....Only Kaplan ...

Your best bet is go buy a study course. Then you get all the info you need, including online practice tests, support, etc. When I did mine it was like $200 I think.

Hi, I am planning to take the 65 series exam, does any one have a kaplan study materials for the exam that he would sell it with modest price ?

I would highly recommend looking at other options outside of Kaplan for your 65. I used them for both my 7 and 66.

They were great for the 7 , material was exactly like the test and I scored well over what was needed to pass.

When I got ready to take the 66 I used Kaplan because I was so happy with the results that I had gotten on my 7. I was lucky to only fail by 1 point, I was lost and must have had a lot of good guesses.

The second time that I took the 66 I used Training Consultants and aced the test , their material was EXACTLY like the test.

I will say that this was 4 years ago and Kaplan may have improved since then , but I did want to share my experience with you.

Stephen

I wonder what company is good these days for passing the Series 65 ?

About a year ago I purchased the ExamFX study materials, around the same time they merged with TesTeachers. I did not think the materials were very good. The book from ExamFX was very hard to read. Just like a wall of text. Then videos from TesTeachers were added. The videos were very time consuming. I got busy and didn't follow through.

When I contacted FANRIA for information about their money management programs, they also sent me information about how to study and prepare for the Series 65, including their preferred providers.

If you have previous securities experience and only desired a refresher course:
- They recommended TesTeachers (now ExamFX): $99
Insurance, Securities, and Continuing Education Training | ExamFX

Online Tutoring Program for someone with little to no securities experience:
- They recommended TrainingConsultants Online Tutoring Program for $247.50
https://discount.trainingconsultants.com/
Discount Code: FAN10

There is also Michael Kitces' blog that references Kaplan (because he went through it):
Series 65 Exam Prep Tips And Best Study Guides

There might be more tips in his accompanying video:

I wish I could give you a specific recommendation, but the Series 65/66 is very much "legalese". It took me 3 tries to pass the 66 14 years ago and I barely passed. (70% 1st time when you needed a 71% or better; 67% 2nd time; 72% the 3rd time.) Due to my experience, I do NOT recommend STC (Securities Training Corporation) for passing the 65 or 66 exams. They were good for the 7 though.

I am a little less familiar with ExamFX/TesTeachers because very few of my students use their materials. I am not even sure who writes their materials. Is it the ExamFX people or the TesTeachers people ?

The 2 companies merged approx. over a year ago so this was how they did it then.

The ExamFX written materials were written by ExamFX (book, online reading). TesTeachers added their videos that was a lady giving a lecture. They were like many 5 to 20 minute videos. There was a PDF with written notes on the videos. I think the short PDF's of the videos were the most helpful to me as you could get to the point and review quicker.

I just felt there has to be better material out there than this. I could not read the ExamFX book without wondering what I just read. It may be the material is just dry.

Latest posts

Back