Substandard Rating, Term vs Whole Life

and again asking for too much advice before finding out insurability, remember this guy is coming in with health conditions that he thinks will influence classification, is putting the cart before the horse.

Yes, but what one life insurance company considers a significant issue will be different for another, and no two brokers will have the same experience with the situation.

For example, a broker who specializes in diabetes and insurance will be many steps ahead of one who doesn't. The trick is finding the broker who has experience with the client's issue.

That is why the prescreen is a good idea. It doesn't force a commitment. If a person doesn't like the result with one broker, they can try another. There are people who do this and as a broker you also have to figure out if they are worth your time.

I get what you're saying and don't disagree all that much, but somewhere sometime you have to see if the guy is insurable. If the OP is coming in stating he has serious health issues, he may very well uninsurable.

It still comes down to checking to see what class, if any the guy can get. Been there, done that, lot of work for nothing. Did it enough times to know better at this point in time. Cheers.

You both have some good points.

The difference seems to be in perspective. One perspective is from someone spending his own time, the other is from someone advocating spending other agents time.

Again, both had good points. As an agent and business owner I give a lot of free time and advise. However, at the end of the day I am in business to profit. I am not jumping through all the hoops of pre-screening, which would include multiple underwriter evals and some case design, without a commitment from the prospective client.

However, my perspective is from an agent that usually works with warm leads and referrals.

Just took a quick look at this post.

You both have some good points.

The difference seems to be in perspective. One perspective is from someone spending his own time, the other is from someone advocating spending other agents time.

Again, both had good points. As an agent and business owner I give a lot of free time and advise. However, at the end of the day I am in business to profit. I am not jumping through all the hoops of pre-screening, which would include multiple underwriter evals and some case design, without a commitment from the prospective client.

However, my perspective is from an agent that usually works with warm leads and referrals.

Great view of this situation. "Pull the triger." Often people look to hard, and agents tailor too much... a business to run and people to help. Give them a good plan and move it forward. The length of the first post leads me to believe this would be a "tier kicker."

Back