Supplement for Person with Prosthetic Leg

Well, spoke with my client. . A one-time pain script from 2008 (the app only asks for RX from the last two years, it didn't come up when we were talking). She forgot she had bronchitis a couple of years ago. Apparently enough to knock her out. I am surprised.

It sounds to me like they just didn't want her. She said the underwriter was very rude to her over the phone. She is a really sweet lady, I can't imagine it was justified.

Last edited:
Well, spoke with my client. She says they denied her because she had bronchitis a while back and had forgotten she was prescribed an inhaler. Also, she had taken pain medication in 2008 for a few days that she had failed to disclose (she doesn't remember why exactly she took it, she thinks it was related to her leg). The application only asks about prescriptions going back 24 months, I didn't ask her about medications from 7 years ago.

It sounds to me like they just didn't want her. She said the underwriter was very rude to her over the phone. She is a really sweet lady, I can't imagine it was justified.

None of the things you mentioned should keep her from getting another supplement except for New Era and because of the decline by MOFO, that's a KO for Cigna.

Well, spoke with my client. . A one-time pain script from 2008 (the app only asks for RX from the last two years, it didn't come up when we were talking). She forgot she had bronchitis a couple of years ago. Apparently enough to knock her out. I am surprised.

That happens. I received several complaints from clients on how rude Forethought underwriters were.

She was talking to a Mutual of Omaha underwriter. They are beyond rude, they are also generally in full on business prevention mode.

None of the things you mentioned should keep her from getting another supplement except for New Era and because of the decline by MOFO, that's a KO for Cigna.

I told her we could try another carrier, she said she didn't want to go through that again over the phone. Oh, well.

I told her we could try another carrier, she said she didn't want to go through that again over the phone. Oh, well.

Were you there when the PHI was done? If not, that might make her feel better about a PHI if you're there with her.

If you were there, then maybe you could write her with a company that does random PHIs like Companion Life, CSI Life or Manhattan Life.

You might ask her if it would be worth $100 a month to do another PHI.

I was not with her during the call. Assumed there would not be a problem (and you know what happens when you assume, lol).

I am going to follow up with her in a couple of weeks. I do think she can save a good chunk of change, we just have to find the right carrier.

My options on supps are limited right now, most of my focus has been on GI and OE business. I am looking into other carriers to appoint with for situations like this though. Thanks for the tip!

I was not with her during the call. Assumed there would not be a problem (and you know what happens when you assume, lol).

I am going to follow up with her in a couple of weeks. I do think she can save a good chunk of change, we just have to find the right carrier.

My options on supps are limited right now, most of my focus has been on GI and OE business. I am looking into other carriers to appoint with for situations like this though. Thanks for the tip!

I consider $100 a month savings a pretty good chunk of change! You talk like it's going to be hard to find "the right carrier". You can pretty much take you pick(other than MOFO, New Era and Cigna).:)

Back