T65 Cold Calling...What Do You Say After...

Bobster999

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi,
Calling T65 list for Medicare. Upon initial call, he says yea I already have my medicare covered etc... and is ready to hang up, What do you say to get his attention long enough for him to at least listen ? Obviously I would like to ask if he has shopped for the best pricing if he has a supplement policy and is he aware that they are standardized so there's no reason to pay more for the same product. But almost as soon as I mention Medicare they want to dismiss me. :idea:
Not everyone but some do.

Well of course he is going to put you off. That is to be expected, unless you provide an interesting tease. I think you are assuming way too much about what your suspect knows or how far into the process they have gone.

What script are you using?

I just identify myself and ask him/her if he has any questions or concerns about his upcoming Medicare enrollment, just to try and engage him.

With any cold calling you need to have a hook. Ideally you want a price hook and a value prop hook, such as "I'm helping folks save hundreds of dollars (price hook) and get better coverage (value prop)". Not everyone is going to be interested in just saving money, some are concerned about being able to see other doctors, not having to pay copays, etc.

Introducing yourself is generally putting yourself at a disadvantage. "Hi, I'm calling you because I help folks turning 65 find out what Medicare plans are best for them. I do this at absolutely no cost, is that something you might like help with?" Idea is to plan the seed and then get some discussion going.

For more about why I don't think introducing yourself right off the bat is a good idea, check out What was your name? | Free Telemarketing Scripts

Or you could try a different approach.

"Are you getting tired of all those phone calls? Maybe I can help you cut through the clutter. My guess is most are not asking what YOU want or need. Rather, they are more interested in telling you what they think you need.

I am sure you have plenty of questions. Ask me anything."

Back