• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Telesales - Brutal Truth

Im not exactly sure what you're asking so Ill try my best to answer.

The agent of record would be the agent who wrote the piece of business I suppose. All our agents get paid directly from the carrier, and whoever writes the piece of business gets paid accordingly. I think thats what you're asking.

As for the book of business question, I'm not exactly sure how to answer. Agents are at liberty to contact their customers and service or upsell them, however very few due since we do most of the servicing, but I wish more did. Replacing them with another carrier is against our company guidelines, even in the case an agent leaves our platform, agents are instructed to not call or contact their customers for any solicitation of any sale once they have left our platform.

Did I answer that correctly?

My question was if I am one of your agents and I write Mr and Mrs Jones and I leave six months later are they my clients to service and write as I see fit? Or do you own them? Renewals are just one small way my BoB pays me.

Thank you for answering.

----------

What he's asking, I think you know. If one of your agents leaves to go independent, does the business they wrote, stay with you. Do they get any "renewables" on the business they wrote. Are they vested?

Just a simple answer...yes or no. I'll answer for you. Yes...No...No.:skeptical:

OK, That. I need to start reading ahead.

----------

Im not exactly sure what you're asking so Ill try my best to answer.

Did I answer that correctly?

BTW, thank you for answering. Many would have just ignored the question they did not want to answer or attack. Your deal is not for someone like me, but I appreciate the answer.

My question was if I am one of your agents and I write Mr and Mrs Jones and I leave six months later are they my clients to service and write as I see fit? Or do you own them? Renewals are just one small way my BoB pays me.

Thank you for answering.

----------

OK, That. I need to start reading ahead.

----------

BTW, thank you for answering. Many would have just ignored the question they did not want to answer or attack. Your deal is not for someone like me, but I appreciate the answer.

Hey, no problem, I have nothing to hide here, even if what I have to say isnt popular. I honestly didn't completely understand the question, so thanks for clarifying.

Currently, our agents are signing separate agreements which prohibit them from soliciting customers after they have left our agency. So, in that case, if an agent walks they don't own the business, nor can they call the customers.

And we do have a vesting clause, that requires agents to actively work with us for over a year before they are eligible for renewals. So if an agent quits, we keep the back end money. (which is minimal considering a 2%-4% renewal with less than 12 months of business on the books)

Some agents dont like these clauses and pass us up, which is totally fine. What I dont want to happen is agents not knowing about them before they get started.

Hey, no problem, I have nothing to hide here, even if what I have to say isnt popular. I honestly didn't completely understand the question, so thanks for clarifying.

Just an observation. You seem to misunderstand a lot of the questions that seem straightforward. Not sure why.

Just an observation. You seem to misunderstand a lot of the questions that seem straightforward. Not sure why.

You knew what "BoB" meant?

I honestly had no clue.

But its probably because I skim through posts very quickly.......... sort of like you watching a webinar. :) Just kidding.

I should probably slow down.

You knew what "BoB" meant?

Yes. I can see the BoB confusing though, however it was asked who owns the business.

Like what is the $300 hundred startup fee for. Just curious. You can do whatever you want of course. Like you said it is not for everybody, but it is a fair question in my opinion, if you want to advertise on here.

But its probably because I skim through posts very quickly.......... sort of like you watching a webinar. :) Just kidding.

Posts compared to an hour long webinar. I wanted to go back through the webinar but you have it locked out, not sure why.

Yes. I can see the BoB confusing though, however it was asked who owns the business.

Like what is the $300 hundred startup fee for. Just curious. You can do whatever you want of course. Like you said it is not for everybody, but it is a fair question in my opinion, if you want to advertise on here.

Posts compared to an hour long webinar. I wanted to go back through the webinar but you have it locked out, not sure why.

Its a one time setup fee.

The webinar link expires after so many days. People were forwarding it to their friends and we had too many people named Mickey Mouse register.

So a clean one gets uploaded after so many days.

Its a one time setup fee.

The webinar link expires after so many days. People were forwarding it to their friends and we had too many people named Mickey Mouse register.

So a clean one gets uploaded after so many days.

It was probably my 2 year old. Kids go crazy over that Mouse. Watching the Mickey Mouse club as we speak.

Back