Term Life Underwriting

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
Does anybody know which (if any) term life company doesn't rate too hard on Mental Disorders?

I have a 37 yr old female with serious mental disorders and Meds that wants a $50,000 term life policy with her healthy kids as riders for around $50 or less monthly.

Anybody had any luck with that?

Does anybody know which (if any) term life company doesn't rate too hard on Mental Disorders?

I have a 37 yr old female with serious mental disorders and Meds that wants a $50,000 term life policy with her healthy kids as riders for around $50 or less monthly.

Who is your GA? Have them query West Coast. I have a similar case with a 35 year old single female who is bi-polar, had been hospitalized twice five years ago, and now on Abilify med. My GA had client fill out a short diagnosis form and she shopped the case to various carriers and found that West Coast will "consider" her for 100K term on Schedule D... 30 years for about $450 a year.... assuming nothing else pops up on the paramed. Still waiting for final UW on case.... para has been scheduled for next week.

I know there are some folks here who don't recommend GAs but in my case she has been very helpful and has saved me a lot of time. And West Coast won't write direct anyway, so a GA is a necessary evil for this case, I suppose.

Hope this helps.... if not... ask James as he is one of the experts here on life.

Al

:DA key piece of advice from the "Life's Expert", stay away from Bi Polar people! It can be detremental to ones health and sanity.

:DA key piece of advice from the "Life's Expert", stay away from Bi Polar people! It can be detremental to ones health and sanity.

I would like to but I've written a lot of business in this family and they want me to try to cover her.

I would like to but I've written a lot of business in this family and they want me to try to cover her.

Try some of the Mutual's, I find if rating as health issues and smoking is in play, they often are competitive. Both IM and NML have competitive smoking rates, does that transfer over to Bi Polar? I really don't know, I stay away from those headaches as much as possible!

Hello everyone! I am new to the board . Any suggestions on how to grow your business? Where are good leads available? What is easier to sell life or health?

Gary

Does she have her own place to live or is she completly dependant on others to take care of her? If she can take care of herself for the most part then an offer is possible. AIG writes down to 50k on there term portfolio. Pru is probably better but of course 100k minium. If she's is not somewhat self suffient then likely DQ. Fidelity has a pretty good garanteed issue term and whole life product. If nothing else try that.

Back