• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

The Joy Of Shared Internet Health Leads

Send them a one page letter, not a post card, but an actual pretyped letter, handwritten address/return address with stamps. Tell them how you do things different then all the rest. They will open it. Works for me.

If you do the same thing as everyone else, how does that differentiate you?

Yes but how does sniping at the prospect get you a deal. This is a numbers game and once they get on the net they will get a flurry of calls. Do I get angry absolutely, do I curse them out after I get off the call absolutely, but I dont ever become confrontational or condescending with them it is just unprofessional. Sometimes I get the deal by being nice and following up and sometimes I dont, but my techniques works well enough and when I do get them to listen its right to desktop share and then its app time.

i close consistently 1/8-1/10 on shared leads and that is at about a 1000% ROI.

Of course I would email the rates through my quote engine.

I would follow up with a brief email explaining I truly sympathize with him.

And I would turn the autoresponder off for this particular lead.

Then, I would ask PZ for a credit for that lead.

I would of taken her contact information and re-entered into all lead vendors quote pages, see how they like that.

I'd go with something along the lines of this:

"Whenever I try out a new quoting site, I always put my personal information in first and see how many calls and emails I get. If it's more than ten on the first day, I pass and go on to the next. I didn't realize that the people I have been working with have been harassed as much as you have been, and I'm sorry to be associated with the irritating horde.

Bad news is, the calls probably won't stop for a while. You'll get a lot from "John Smith, in the business for forty years," or "Rick Johnson, ready to work for YOU!" A lot of folks with a lot of sales pitches will probably be beating down your door and, by day three, I wouldn't blame you if you never wanted to think about health insurance again.

I'm an insurance agent, yes, but I'm also a husband, a cat owner, a golfer, and a Honda driver. In other words, I'm a guy like you -- a guy who hates being pestered nonstop about something, especially about something like health insurance which isn't a lot of fun to begin with. After everyone else has given you their sales pitch, if you feel like you've been pushed around and beaten up then give me a call. I'll do my best to help you sift through the B.S. in a no-pressure atmosphere -- you've had enough of that stuff already, I'm sure.

I'm here whenever you want some help -- or whenever you just want a break from being bullied and pressed. Give me a call whenever you like."

Alright, sounds stupid, but an email very similar to that has already made me some cash.

I'd go with something along the lines of this:

"Whenever I try out a new quoting site, I always put my personal information in first and see how many calls and emails I get. If it's more than ten on the first day, I pass and go on to the next. I didn't realize that the people I have been working with have been harassed as much as you have been, and I'm sorry to be associated with the irritating horde.

Bad news is, the calls probably won't stop for a while. You'll get a lot from "John Smith, in the business for forty years," or "Rick Johnson, ready to work for YOU!" A lot of folks with a lot of sales pitches will probably be beating down your door and, by day three, I wouldn't blame you if you never wanted to think about health insurance again.

I'm an insurance agent, yes, but I'm also a husband, a cat owner, a golfer, and a Honda driver. In other words, I'm a guy like you -- a guy who hates being pestered nonstop about something, especially about something like health insurance which isn't a lot of fun to begin with. After everyone else has given you their sales pitch, if you feel like you've been pushed around and beaten up then give me a call. I'll do my best to help you sift through the B.S. in a no-pressure atmosphere -- you've had enough of that stuff already, I'm sure.

I'm here whenever you want some help -- or whenever you just want a break from being bullied and pressed. Give me a call whenever you like."

Alright, sounds stupid, but an email very similar to that has already made me some cash.

Great post except for the cat owner part:twitchy:

Send her an email asking some underwriting questions explaining it is impossible for anyone to give close to an accurate quote without basic info. Tell her you understand her frustration but you can help stop the calls. If she responds you might win.

Latest posts

Back