There is no Magic

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Quite a few lively debates over who has the better product.

My product does this.

This one has a lower price.

Best plan in the country.

Pays a higher commission.

Allow me to pontificate. The market we serve is fluid. The "best" today will not hold that title tomorrow. There is always someone out there willing to offer a lower price.

Carriers that charge a lower premium for their product know full well the value of the plan. They are often willing to sacrifice margin to capture sales.

But not indefinitely. Eventually they adjust.

They go from full commission on GI to half to $0. Nothing odd. They captured market share and then realized the mistake and need to dial back in pursuing "bad" business.

Often buyers and sellers have difficulty discerning value vs price. Price fades. Value perseveres.

There is no magic. No secret sauce.

giphy.gif

Don't believe him. Bob has the real magic, he's just holding out on the rest of us.

There is no magic. No secret sauce.
I get what you're saying and completely agree with you. But there is a little magic.
The magic - the secret sauce - is the agent. A growing segment of consumers and companies alike are trying to bypass the agent. Just like the Big Mac without the special sauce is just a cheeseburger, an insurance policy purchased on an internet quote machine or from a 1-800-policy mill is nothing special, and often is not be the best plan for that consumer.

The magic - the secret sauce. Some agents have it and some don't. I didn't have much of it when I started out, and I still don't have as much as others. But I'm always working to get more of it.

Oh I am not discounting the agent at all. Yes, there are a lot of folks that think dealing with an agent is a PITA and they will pay a higher premium because of the "middle man".

Far too many discussions about my carrier can beat up your carrier which, in the end, means nothing.

It IS the agent that makes a difference but too many want to play the low rate game, the household name carrier vs those "other guys", or any combination.

Spent 2 hours on the phone today with a lady that has talked to any number of agents locally as well as those calling from TX, CA and FL plus has been to seminars. Totally confused. I listened, took notes, answered her questions and threw out a few things she had not considered.

Ended up taking a G plan app @ $124 even though she had already bought from another carrier @ $116.

Must have been my secret sauce that made her decide to make the switch

Oh I am not discounting the agent at all. Yes, there are a lot of folks that think dealing with an agent is a PITA and they will pay a higher premium because of the "middle man".

Far too many discussions about my carrier can beat up your carrier which, in the end, means nothing.

It IS the agent that makes a difference but too many want to play the low rate game, the household name carrier vs those "other guys", or any combination.

Spent 2 hours on the phone today with a lady that has talked to any number of agents locally as well as those calling from TX, CA and FL plus has been to seminars. Totally confused. I listened, took notes, answered her questions and threw out a few things she had not considered.

Ended up taking a G plan app @ $124 even though she had already bought from another carrier @ $116.

Must have been my secret sauce that made her decide to make the switch

I'm guessing the secret sauce includes a Part D review? ;)

Back