Thoughts on where We Go from Here with IFP?

FLM2, a lot of tax prep businesses are getting into that. Liberty Tax, Jackson Hewitt, etc. I had several that were under my agency, but only 1 made any real sales.

I think trying to learn two different businesses was too much for many of them. Most were just not comfortable with selling insurance, so it did not work out well. That was when we had one carrier that dominated our market. Once networks changed, and sells were not so easy, several just backed out of it all together.

FLM2, a lot of tax prep businesses are getting into that. Liberty Tax, Jackson Hewitt, etc. I had several that were under my agency, but only 1 made any real sales.

I think trying to learn two different businesses was too much for many of them. Most were just not comfortable with selling insurance, so it did not work out well. That was when we had one carrier that dominated our market. Once networks changed, and sells were not so easy, several just backed out of it all together.

You missed my point, which was you can't become a CPA or Tax Advisor at any level of expertise without years of training, there is no direct route from health insurance sales to tax advice. I didn't say anything about companies like Liberty or Block moving into health insurance, I doubt any of them are pleased with that either but at least they can hire licensed agents to offer the products.

Latest posts

Back