• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Thousands May Lose Health Coverage, Restaurants Warn

Yeah, but should they be allowed to keep that limited benefit crap?

Well, even though we'd love to see everyone have quality coverage, health care reform just eff's the situation up for a lot of people.

Look how reform has screwed up a few things:

Essentially no child only apps.

Imagine having a kid and having to pay $300 extra a month or whatever it is, because no ind health carrier will insure your perfectly healthy kid----I'd be pissed off.

With that said, these group mini meds aren't cheap. But from what I've seen they are better than the discount plans you buy on the open market.

I've often thought for the price of the mini med, couldn't they just get some hdhp? I don't know jack about group really, but it's the consumer's right to be able to purchase whatever kind of coverage they can afford or is available.

An industry organization says new legislation requirements for annual plan limits and overhead expense restrictions threaten limited medical plans - lower-cost alternatives to major medical insurance - and that thousands could lose access to health coverage entirely.
Maybe in some cases, but it seems like most carriers have found a way around MLR and other reform requirements on their limited plans.

I know the article is dated 11/1/2010 but it seems like old news.

Back